Baileys White Russian – a fun twist on the classic White Russian made with Baileys. Just 3 ingredients for a super easy, rich, and delicious cocktail!
I am not sure why the holidays make me want to use Baileys in more drinks, but they do. This cocktail is a fun twist on a classic that is perfect for the holidays or really anytime!
And in case you are new around here Holiday Cocktail Recipes are kind of my thing, I have quite a few of them and they are always fun to make and serve to people.
What Is A White Russian
A classic White Russian is a cocktail that contains coffee liqueur, vodka and cream. You will sometimes see variations that use half and half or milk as well.
It is actually a twist on the Black Russian that was made with just coffee liqueur and vodka. Neither of these drinks are actually from Russia though. The drink really gets it name because of the Russian vodka that it was originally made with.
What’s In A White Russian
There are quite a few different variations of the classic out there. But the traditionally it contains:
- Coffee Liqueur – Kahlua is my favorite for this.
- Heavy Cream
For this Baileys White Russian we are swapping some of the cream for Baileys. Let’s face it, mixing Irish Cream liqueur with coffee is never a bad idea. Such a class and delicious combination that is perfect for this drink.
How To Make Baileys White Russian
- Fill a small glass with ice.
- Add in Baileys, milk, vodka, and Kahlua.
- Stir to combine and serve immediately.
What Alcohol Goes In A White Russian
Coffee Liqueur and Vodka are what goes in this drink. Kahlua is the most commonly available coffee liqueur, but there are others. You could use Patron XO Cafe or Leopold Bros has one as well that rates very well for taste.
Drink Tips and Variations
- For a seasonal twist, try using Baileys Pumpkin Spice or Peppermint Cream
- To add a hint of cinnamon, try substituting the vodka for RumChata.
- If you don’t have Kahlua, you can use strong brewed coffee or even a shot of espresso.
- Any milk will work in this recipe. Using half-n-half will result in an even more rich and creamy cocktail. You can even use non-dairy milks.
- And if you have Baileys leftover this Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake is absolutely delicious!
More Fun Drink Recipes
- Apple Cider Cocktail
- Cranberry Mimosa
- French 75 Cocktail
- Cosmo Martini
- Kahula Hot Chocolate
- Cranberry Gin Cocktail
- 1 1/2 ounces Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 ounce skim milk
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- Fill a small rocks glass or coffee cup with ice.
- Add the Bailey’s, milk, vodka, and Kahlua.
- Stir gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 237Total Fat 7.1gSaturated Fat 4.4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 54mgCarbohydrates 19.5gFiber 0gSugar 16.9gProtein 2.4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!