Garlic Baked Chicken Recipe – Crispy oven baked chicken coated with plenty of garlic. Ready in minutes and the whole family will love it!
Baked chicken is kind of a staple in a lot of households. But it can be boring, right? I grew up having chicken breasts, probably at least once a week for dinner. They were seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic salt and paprika. Yep, just about as exciting as it sounds! Always with a veggie on the side like Roasted Green Beans.
Southwest Baked Chicken is one of my favorite ways to mix up a baked chicken breast. There you have taco seasoning, salsa and cheese. Not complicated, but full of flavor! Today we are making it crispy, and adding in lots of garlic!
If you are looking for even more baked chicken recipes check out my Italian Baked Chicken. Again, just chicken, canned tomatoes, pesto and cheese. Super easy to throw together!
How to Bake A Chicken Breast
- The key to making it taste good and not boring is seasoning. That can be spices you sprinkle over the top, or a sauce you cook it in. Chicken is a blank canvas and really takes on the flavor of what you put with it. So really add anything! Pesto, salsa, bread crumbs, taco seasoning, olive oil & Greek seasoning…you name it!
- Chicken breasts come in all different sizes, so you have to use the time on the recipe as a guide. At my grocery store half the time I buy chicken it is a full pound for 1 piece. So I have to cut it into reasonable sized portions, but they are always rather thick. So I cook mine for longer. You can buy frozen chicken in 4-6 oz portions, those are thin and will cook much quicker.
- Oven temperature is important. If you want your chicken crispy, like this in this garlic baked chicken, you have to have a higher oven temp. But if you are just baking with seasonings or in a sauce than 350 degrees is fine.
- Do not over cook. Chicken breasts dry out very quickly. So use a meat thermometer to help you. Chicken cooks to 165 degrees. So check it and make sure you don’t go over, or you will have dry chicken and will not be happy.
This baked chicken breast recipe has been a staple for years!! I think this was one of the first things I ever learned how to make in college. I remember following along in a magazine my mom had and making roasted potatoes to go with it. It has been updated a little bit over the years, but still a favorite!
What To Serve with Baked Chicken
More Delicious Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Smoked Chicken Breast
- White Chicken Enchiladas
- Honey Dijon Chicken
- Sous Vide Chicken Breast
- Chick Fil-A Chicken Nuggets
- 1/2 cup Italian Panko Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup Cold Milk
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, 4-6 ounces
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large plastic bag combine panko, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Mix until combined.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk and then toss in the panko mixture. Shake off any excess and place on a 13x9 inch baking sheet.
- Mix together garlic and melted butter. Drizzle over each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- You can turn on the boiler for the last few minutes of cooking to get extra crispy and golden chicken.
Amount Per Serving Calories 392Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 139mgSodium 401mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 42g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!