- Pickle Juice
- Chicken Breast
- Powdered Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Peanut Oil
How to Make Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets
The key to making these nuggets is to let the chicken sit in the milk, eggs, and pickle juice mixture. This makes the chicken super tender and flavorful. The flour, powdered sugar, salt, pepper and paprika all get mixed together in a plastic bag. Then you just shake the pieces of chicken in with the flour until they are nice and coated.
The powdered sugar seems a little strange, but it gives it just a hint of sweetness. Chick Fil A uses peanut oil, so if you want them to taste like theirs, definitely use peanut oil. Once the oil is hot; fry just a few pieces of chicken at a time. You do not want to crowd the pan or the temperature will drop, and the chicken will be soggy and not as crispy. Let the cooked chicken drain on a paper towel and serve immediately.
Want even more Copycat Recipes
- Granite City Idaho Nachos – waffle fries with cheese, bacon, green onions and sour cream
- Cafe Rio Pork – sweet and tender pork that is great for tacos, salads and more
- Pasta Milano – Macaroni Grill pasta recipe
- Olive Garden Minestrone – comforting, hearty and delicious!
- Pesto Cavatappi – a favorite from Noodles & Company
- Mexican Pizza – Taco Bell guilty pleasure
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 Tbls powdered sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Peanut Oil for frying
- Trim and cut the chicken into bit sized pieces. Whisk egg, pickle juice, and milk together. Place chicken in milk mixture, and cover. Let stand for 2-4 hours in the fridge.
- Place 2 inches of oil into a deep pan. Heat over medium high heat until the oil is hot (375 degrees).
- In a zip-lock bag mix together flour, powdered sugar, salt, pepper and paprika. Remove chicken from milk mixture, and place in the flour mixture. Shake to coat.
- Put about 8 nuggets into the pan, be careful not to overcrowd. Cook for about 2-3 minute on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove chicken and drain on a paper towel. You could place on a rack in a hot oven to keep them warm if you are making a lot of them.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Amount Per ServingCalories 606 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 102mg Sodium 3013mg Carbohydrates 105g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 70g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 27g