Instant Hard Boiled Eggs – make the perfect hard boiled eggs anytime in just minutes using your Instant Pot!
When I was a kid we pretty much only had hard boiled eggs around Easter. I am not sure why they were only relegated to eating after we colored and decorated them for the holiday, but they were. But now, they are something that is often in the fridge for lunches or snacks. Wish I could say the same about Tangerine Glazed Ham that is an Easter staple as well.
My son loves egg salad sandwiches, so I like to have hard boiled eggs on hand when he wants to make one. Instant Pot hard boiled eggs take about 20 minutes from start to finish, and they are just so easy. Plus they come out perfect every time!
How to Hard Boil Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Start by filling the Instant Pot with 1 cup of water.
- This is the time to break out the little rack your Instant Pot came with. Set that up in the bottom of the bowl.
- Gently place in the number of eggs you want to cook. It can be anything from 1 to a dozen eggs.
- Seal and set the timer to cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- After the timer goes off, let the Instant Pot naturally release for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove the eggs and place them in an ice water bath. This stops the cooking and ensures your eggs are perfect.
- After the eggs are cool, peel and enjoy!
Hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot come out perfect every time. I have made them on the stove top for years, but the results vary. Sometimes I would get the perfectly cooked eggs, sometimes they would get that little gray layer around the yolk. Now, perfect eggs every time!
How Many Eggs Can You Hard Boil in the Instant Pot
You can do anything from one to a dozen eggs at a time. If you are making for toppings for a salad you can make just a couple. But if you are making for a big batch of egg salad or to have them in the fridge to snack on all week, make a dozen. The cook time and the instructions are the same no matter what, so make however many works for you.
How Long are Hard Boiled Eggs Good For
- Hard boiled eggs last for about a week in the fridge.
- If you are setting them out for a party or packing in a lunch, they will last for about 2 hours at room temperature. This is good to remember for those Easter egg hunts as well!
How to Store Hard Boiled Eggs
- I like to store eggs once they have been peeled. Just place in an air tight container and place in the fridge
- Hard boiled eggs do not freeze well, best just stored in the fridge for a week.
- If you want the freeze the yolks, they will last in the freezer for a couple months.
I love using my Instant Pot for lots of different recipes, Instant Pot Chicken Tacos are my new favorite. But these Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are pretty much a staple. I can make them any time of day and just have them ready.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 cup water
- 12 whole eggs
- Pour water into the bowl of the Instant Pot.
- Place eggs on the rack in the Instant Pot.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set on high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Naturally release for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove eggs and place in an ice water bath for 5 minutes.
- Peel and store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 72 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 186mg Sodium 72mg Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 0g Protein 6g