Classic Egg Salad Recipe – The perfect egg salad that you remember as a kid. Simple ingredients come together to make a creamy and delicious egg salad sandwich.
When I was growing up I don’t remember having egg salad that often. It was something that was relegated to usually around Easter when we had extra hard boiled eggs around.
But these days, it is often requested by my son for lunch. So I like to have hard boiled eggs in the fridge to whip up this egg salad in just minutes. And if you like is spicy like my husband mix in some Sriracha for a nice twist.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are great to make in batches and have in the fridge waiting for you. I swear there is something magical that happens when they are cooked under pressure, because they are the easiest eggs I have found to peel! So if you are looking for the perfect eggs to use for this recipe, head over and see how they are made.
How Do You Make Egg Salad
- Egg salad always starts with hard boiled eggs. I like to coarsely chop them, so there are still good sized chunks of eggs whites in there. If things are too small it just gets lost, the texture of the large egg whites gives this substance.
- Mix together Mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika in a small bowl until it is well combined
- Pour over the eggs and toss to combine. Be gentle, you don’t want to completely break up all the eggs.
- That is it! Egg Salad is super simple to make, high quality ingredients are what make it stand out and be extra special.
Can Egg Salad be Made In Advance
Yes, I like to make a big batch of a dozen eggs and then store it in the fridge. I count on 2 eggs per person for a serving when I am making it. So a dozen eggs is about 6 sandwiches, and depending on how many people that can go quickly! The recipe is written for 8 eggs, but it is easy to cut in half if you want to do just a couple eggs.
How Long is Egg Salad Good For?
If you have it in the fridge, it will last for about 3-5 days. You can make a big batch and then enjoy for lunches all week long.
But if you leave it at room temperature, after 2 hours it is no longer safe to eat.
Is Eating Egg Salad Good for You?
It can definitely be good for you, if you don’t eat too much of it. Hard boiled eggs are a high protein, low carb food that is great to have as part of a healthy diet. Yes, there is a little bit of mayo in this recipe, but the amount per serving is not that bad. If you wanted to use Greek yogurt or even avocado in its place for health reasons, they both work very well.
What Goes With Egg Salad Sandwiches
It makes a great lunch on the weekend or when you have family in town and need to feed a crowd!
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Ham & Cheese Sliders
- Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Crispy Sesame Chicken
- Lemon Pork Chops
- Crunchy Southwest Chicken Wraps
- Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 2 Tbls red onion, minced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- dash of paprika
- Coarsely chop hard boiled eggs.
- In a bowl mix together mayo, mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add chopped eggs and onion to the mayo mixture
- Gently mix until everything is well coated
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are my favorite way to cook eggs
Amount Per Serving Calories 303Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 381mgSodium 599mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 14g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!