Berry Fruit Salad – and super easy fruit salad recipe loaded with fresh berries and topped with a lemon yogurt to make it tart and sweet!
In the summer I love just about anything with fresh berries. It can be a Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna that is a delicious no bake dessert or it can be just snacking on fresh strawberries. It really doesn’t matter.
Every summer we pick strawberries from our garden and make Strawberry Shortcake with them. Those super sweet berries are always reserved for that special day. But this year we have a raspberry plant as well, so this berry fruit salad is going to be made even more often.
The fruit salad dressing for this is a lemon yogurt that is absolutely delicious. You can mix it all together and serve it like a creamy fruit salad, or you can just put a dollop on top of the berries when you serve. The fruit salad dressing starts with plain yogurt and you add lemon curd, vanilla, and a little bit of honey to make the most delicious yogurt ever!
This is such an easy fruit salad recipe to make. The berries are really the star of the show, so just pick up the freshest berries you can find. You can switch up the berries if you want, leave out the raspberries if you aren’t a fan, and add in blackberries. You could even slice up a banana if you wanted. It is your fruit salad, so do what you want with it.
How to Make Fruit Salad
- Start with the freshest berries. They will be the sweetest and not need very much extra sugar to make the salad come together.
- Slice the strawberries and mix everything together.
- Add a little bit of sugar and lemon juice to bring out all the juices of the berries and make them extra sweet and delicious.
- If you have limoncello this is an amazing time to break it out. Use it in place of the lemon juice to make it extra special.
- Mix together the yogurt, honey, lemon curd, and vanilla for your dressing.
- Scoop berries into a bowl and top with lemon yogurt.
- You can also mix everything together and serve as a creamy fruit salad if you like.
Sometimes coming up with side dishes in the summer can be hard. I mean everyone loves a good Potato Salad, but you don’t always want it to be heavy and full of mayo. So this berry fruit salad is great to make for a crowd. It is light and fresh and could even double as a dessert and is great for brunch get togethers as well.
This easy fruit salad recipe is sure to become a hit with your family. And the lemon yogurt just might be your next snack, breakfast, and everything in between it is so good!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Berry Fruit Salad
Berry Fruit Salad - and super easy fruit salad recipe loaded with fresh berries and topped with a lemon yogurt to make it tart and sweet!
- 8 oz Strawberries
- 6 oz Blueberries
- 6 oz Raspberries
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 2 Tbls lemon juice or Limoncello liqueur
- Fresh mint for garnish
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup lemon curd
- 1 Tbls honey
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside
- Slice the strawberries and mix together in a large bowl with the blueberries and raspberries.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and mix until well coasted. Let the berries stand for 10 minutes until juicy.
- Divide berries into bowls and top with lemon yogurt and mint springs for garnish.
If you wanted a creamy fruit salad tossed in dressing omit the sugar and lemon juice and toss berries with the lemon yogurt until everything is well coated.
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 24mgSodium 48mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 4gSugar 23gProtein 6g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) says
There is nothing like a fruit salad with fresh in season berries. It is wonderful!
Sara Welch says
This is the perfect salad for summer! Looking forward to enjoying this all summer long! Delish!
Katerina @ diethood .com says
Such a fantastic summer salad!! A must try!
Beth Pierce says
My kids love this salad; so fresh and sweet! Perfect for a snack or light meal!
Megan Ancheta says
This looks so refreshing – perfect for breakfast, a snack, or dessert!
Jacquelyn Hastert says
Loaded with all the fresh goodies of summer! I love how amazing this tastes and how simple it is to make.