Lemon Garlic Pork Chops – Thick boneless pork chops marinated in lemon and garlic, and then seared to perfection. Lots of flavor, and super juicy pork chops in minutes!
Pork chops are one of my go to meals when I have nothing else planned. But let’s be honest boneless pork chop recipes can sometimes be boring. So, I like to mix it up and make sure they have lots of flavor!
Lemon and garlic shrimp is always so good, so why not use those same flavors to make pork chops?
We make pork chops a ton at our house! Whenever boneless pork chops are on sale, I stock up. Usually I just season with salt and pepper, and then cook them this same way. We love the flavor of good pork, so like to let that come through.
But this time I really wanted to give them more flavor and lemon garlic sounded perfect. Or throw them in the crock pot for Slow Cooker Pork Chops on a chilly day. So many options and they are all tasty.
What You’ll Need
- Thick Cut Pork Chops
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to Cook Pork Chops
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and combine with lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil. Let it sit in the fridge for 3-10 hours to marinate and absorb the flavors.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat to sear the pork chops for just a couple minutes on each side. Searing the outside of the pork chops helps to keep them moist. It creates a nice crust on the outside, and the juices stay in the meat!
- Place the skillet in a hot oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until the pork chops are cooked through. Pork chop temp is 145 degrees. This changed a few years ago, and it leads to much tastier pork chops. Use a meat thermometer to measure the temperature, because over cooked pork is dry and not at all what you want!
Sides For Pork Chops
Such an easy dinner recipe you can have any night of the week and the whole family will enjoy. I like to use thick center cut pork chops for this recipe, but you can use any kind you have.
More Easy Pork Dinner Recipes
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- Oven Baked Pork Chops
- Smoked Pork Butt
- Sous Vide Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 4 thick cut pork chops
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- In a large zip seal bag squeeze one lemon, add minced garlic, pork chops, 2 Tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Seal bag and use your hands to mix everything together and make sure the pork chops are coated. Put the bag on a plate, and place in the fridge for 3-10 hours.
- Remove the pork from the bag and discard the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Heat a large (oven safe) skillet over high heat. Swirl with remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil to coat. Add pork chops to the pan and cook on the 1st side for 3- 4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Flip the pork chops, and immediately place the skillet in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork chops. If using a thermometer the internal temperature should be 145º F.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 314Saturated Fat 4gCholesterol 89mgSodium 65mgCarbohydrates 2gProtein 29g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!