Slow Cooker Pork Chops – use bone in pork chops in the slow cooker for an easy dinner. Add some veggies, and you have a complete meal waiting for you at dinner time!
I love my crock pot. I am pretty sure that you do to. Slow cooker recipes are some of the most popular on this site. Making your own Cafe Rio pork at home, so you have meat for tacos, salads, and quesadilla all week long. Or make a slow cooker pork roast to serve with mashed potatoes and gravy. The crock pot saves the day!
What is your favorite thing to make in the crock pot? Are you looking for new recipes? Leave me comments with recipe requests or ideas and I might just make them for you! I am also looking for more ideas, so tell me what you and your family likes.
I have never made pork chops in the crock pot before. I have done barbecue pulled pork before, but never actual chops. So I was really curious how these would turn out. I think using pork chops on the bone is the key to making sure they don’t dry out. The thicker the cut the better too, if they are super thing they will cook too quickly, and when you are ready for dinner they will be dry.
I added baby carrots and sliced mushrooms to these slow cooker pork chops, and it all cooked together in the crock pot. With a little help (adding broth and flour) it creates a sauce when it cooks, so you can make egg noodles or mashed potatoes to serve and soak up that delicious sauce. I almost wanted to make my sauteed mushrooms to just put over the top, because I can never get enough mushrooms.
Slow cooker pork chops are a great weeknight dinner recipe. It takes about 5 minutes in the morning for you to brown the pork chops, which helps lock in some of that moisture. Then you add the veggies, and start it cooking. So all you have to do is boil noodles when you get home. Can’t get much easier than that for dinner!
If carrots and mushrooms aren’t your families favorite you could mix it up. Adding potatoes, and skipping the noodles is what I am thinking I might do next time. Perfect roasted potatoes with a gravy, and moist pork chops sounds like the perfect crock pot meal!
Here are some of my favorite kitchen recipes I used when making this recipe
- Slow Cooker – I like this crock pot from Hamilton Beach. It has a temperature probe and a timer. It is reasonably priced and great for cooking everything from roasts to desserts
- Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for preparing any meal. We splurged on these Global knives about 14 years ago, and to this day they are still my favorite. These are hands down my favorite knives I have owned.
- Cutting Board: For me this is a kitchen must-have and kitchen counter saver. While we have counter tops you can cut on, I find that this extra step will preserve my counter. I personally love the Epicurean cutting boards, because they clean up so easily, and you never have to worry about food getting stuck in the groves.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, , low sodium
- 1 1/2 tsp sherry vinegar
- 3 Tbls all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 (8 oz) package mushrooms, quarterd
- 1/2 cup onion, , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 4 (6-oz.) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 3/4 tsp salt, , divided
- 3/4 tsp black pepper, , divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, (or chicken stock)
- 2 Tbls heavy cream
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Spray a 6 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add chicken stock, vinegar, and flour. Stir in carrots, mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme sprigs, and oregano.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil, swirling to coat. Season pork chops with 1/4 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add to pan, and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Place in slow cooker over the veggies.
- Add wine to skillet, and cook for 30 seconds. Scrape up any browned bits in the pan. Pour over pork chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove pork chops from slow cooker, and keep warm. Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Add heavy cream, remaining 1/2 tsp salt, and remaining 1/2 tsp pepper to vegetable mixture in slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 598 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 70mg Sodium 710mg Carbohydrates 79g Fiber 4g Sugar 4g Protein 27g