Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches – slow cooker pulled pork that is tender, juicy and delicious. Cooked in a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce for the perfect bbq pulled pork sandwich!
I love to use my crock pot for pork. Slow cooking it makes it super tender and perfect. You can have pulled pork sandwiches in almost no work, which is great for busy weeknights! This bbq pulled pork in the slow cooker has been a staple in our house for years!
It has a homemade barbecue sauce that comes together in less than 5 minutes, and then everything just cooks in the crock pot for a few hours. It could not be easier!
Pork is one of our favorite proteins in this house. It can be Smoked Pork Belly in the summer, which is just over the top amazing. Or it can be simple like these Oven Bake Pork Chops. No matter what the cut, we are fans of pork. I first started making this bbq pulled pork in the slow cooker shortly after we got married, and it is still one of our favorites!
What You’ll Need
- Pork Tenderloin – I like to use a pork tenderloin because it stays super tender, and it cooks quickly. You can use a pork loin or pork shoulder but the cooking time will be different. See notes in the recipe card if you are using a different cut of pork.
- Brown Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Black Pepper
Most of the ingredients are the homemade barbecue sauce that gets pored over the pork. It is a super simple sauce that is slightly sweet, and tangy. If you have a store bought sauce you like or even another recipe, feel free to swap it out.
How To Make Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- The first step is to mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Measure them all into a bowl or liquid measuring cup and stir until they are combined.
- Place pork tenderloin into the base of the crockpot and pour over the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
Coleslaw For Pull Pork
This is an optional topping, but one that I think just completes the sandwich. It is just as simple coleslaw that gives a cool, creamy, and crunchy dimension to the sandwich.
- Lemon Juice
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
Just mix all of the ingredients for the dressing together and toss with a bag of coleslaw mix. You can finely chop cabbage as well, but the bagged coleslaw mix is the perfect amount and makes it super easy.
What To Serve With Barbecue Pulled Pork
What Cut Of Pork To Use
This recipe calls for a pork tenderloin. Sometimes it can be a little more expensive than a pork shoulder or pork loin roast, but I think it works really well and is worth it here. A pork tenderloin cooks in just about 5 hours. Plus stays super tender and juicy, even if you cook it just a little bit too long.
You can use a pork shoulder or pork loin, the cooking time will just be longer. This Slow Cooker Pork Roast takes about 9 hours, which is what you would need for this recipe as well. There are notes in the recipe card if you want to use a different cut and the cooking time.
More Delicious Dinner Recipes
- Texas Chili Recipe
- Chili Relleno Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Southwest Egg Rolls
- Cheeseburger Pizza
Barbeque Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches - slow cooker pulled pork that is tender, juicy and delicious. Cooked in a sweet and tangy barbecue sauce for the perfect bbq pulled pork sandwich!
- 1 pork tenderloin, trimmed (about 1 pound)
- 1 1/2 cups Ketchup
- 3 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz bag of coleslaw mix
- 6 hamburger buns
- Mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper until well combined.
- Place pork in the base of the crockpot, pour sauce over the top.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile prepare the coleslaw by mixing together the mayo, sugar, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Add coleslaw mix and toss to combine. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once the pork is cooked use 2 forks shred the meat.
- Serve on buns topped with coleslaw
If using pork shoulder or a pork loin, increase the time to 8-10 hours on low.
Adapted from Light & Tasty 2006
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 464Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 23mgSodium 1214mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 3gSugar 29gProtein 10g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- Special K Bars - March 27, 2023
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Everyone at my house loved these sandwiches! Can’t wait to make it again!
Allyson Zea says
These look absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to sink my teeth into them!