I am very excited to introduce you to Cassie today. Cassie is the host of Bake Your Day. She and I started blogging around the same time, and have been followers of each other since the beginning. Cassie guest posted for me last summer, but we have both come so far, I asked if she would help out again. If you are not already a fan of Bake Your Day, then you really need to head over there. Trust me you will NOT be disappointed.
Hey there everyone, I am Cassie from Bake Your Day and I am honored to be posting for Erin today. I moved earlier this year and remember how hectic it was.
Erin and I met way, way back at the beginning of both of our blogging “careers” and I have loved watching Erin’s blog grow into what it is today. She and her recipes are so real and honest, and we definitely share a love for curry!
I have a deep affinity for quinoa. It is the staple of all staples in my house and I add it to lots of things like burgers, salads, quesadillas, etc. I think I love it the most for its versatility. I love that it picks up the flavors of whatever you pair it with.
I have found my new favorite quick-fix meal in these cakes. So simple and quick and I can’t even begin to tell you how much flavor they have. Fresh lemons and herbs shine through these. If you don’t have sage, use any herb that you like. They are fresh, light and summery!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp . red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs . lemon juice, (about half of one large lemon)
- 1 Tbs . fresh sage, , chopped
- 1 tsp . dried oregano
- 2 eggs, , lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil, , for frying
- Mix quinoa, parmesan cheese, red pepper, lemon juice, sage and oregano in a large bowl until combined. Add the eggs and panko and stir until moistened throughout. The mixture should be moist and easily hold together, add more panko as needed.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper and combine. Use a 1/3-cup measuring cup to measure the mixture and form into patties.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet. Cook the patties for 4-5 minutes on one side until browned, then flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes on the opposite side. Sprinkle more parmesan cheese on top, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 186Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 79mgSodium 262mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 8g
Thank you so much Cassie for helping out today. I can’t wait to try these, I am always looking for new quinoa recipes.