Instant Pot Cheesecake – rich and creamy cheesecake that is made in the Instant Pot! So much easier and faster than a traditional cheesecake with all the same taste and texture.
I don’t have a lot of cheesecake recipes here on the blog. I have a couple, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake is probably my favorite, but I really haven’t made that many. Traditional cheesecakes that is. I have plenty of no bake versions, or mixing cheesecake with something else.
The reason? They are time consuming and can be finicky to make if you don’t want it to crack. Well, guess what? Using the Instant Pot makes it so darn easy, I may be making quite a few more cheesecakes in the near future!
Today I am excited to not only share this recipe with you, but we are also celebrating one of my friends! Julianne from the blog Beyond Frosting is having a baby boy! I am so happy for Julianne and her husband. This has not been the easiest road for them, so I could not be more excited that the day is almost here where they can meet their little boy.
And if you have ever been to Beyond Frosting before you know one thing. Julianne is a fabulous baker, makes stunning cakes, and loves sugar! If you ever visit a bakery with her, be ready to order pretty much one of everything just to try it. Trust me, it isn’t a bad way to go!
So to celebrate today I am making cheesecake! And not just any cheesecake, a traditional cheesecake recipe that you cook in that Instant Pot!
How to Make Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Mix together butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs and press into the bottom of your pan. You want to use a 7 inch springform pan for this. That is what will fit inside of the 8qt Instant Pot.
- In a mixer cream together cream cheese and sugar until it is smooth and creamy.
- Next mix in vanilla extract and flour until it is just blended.
- With the mixer on medium low, add the eggs one at a time. You want to beat until it is just incorporated and then mix in the next. If you need to stop the mixer to scrape down the sides do so.
- After all the eggs are mixed in stir in the sour cream and heavy cream until everything is just combined. You do not want to over mix your cheesecake or it could sink in the middle and not cook properly.
- Pour your cream cheese mixture into the prepared pie crust and wrap the entire pan with foil. You want to make sure the no liquid is going to drip and leak into the cheesecake as it cooks.
- Place the prepared pan on the trivet insert that comes with the Instant Pot and lower it into place. Fill with 1 1/2 cups of water in the base.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes and let it naturally release the pressure until it unlocks, which takes about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot and let it cool to room temperature. Then place in the fridge overnight before serving. This allows it to set up completely.
Can You Freeze Instant Pot Cheesecake
Yes, cheesecake freezes really well. You can tightly wrap a whole cheesecake with plastic wrap and foil to make sure no air gets in, and then freeze for 2-3 months. Otherwise, individual slices freeze well also. You can slice and then place a piece of wax paper between the slices. This allows you to just remove a slice or two when you want, instead of having to thaw the entire cheesecake.
The thaw a slice of cheesecake takes about 30 minutes if left at room temperature. So it is great to have on hand for guests or when cravings strike!
Can You Use Any Springform Pan in an Instant Pot
The only requirement is that it fits inside. You can also use a cake pan, a glass pyrex dish or even a ceramic dish if it fits in the base of the Instant Pot.
I love this Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe for how easy it is. You don’t have to pre-bake the crust, you don’t have to crack the oven door, use a water bath or anything else. It is so much faster than a traditional cheesecake, but tastes just like you want it to!
I topped ours with whipped cream and strawberries when it was time to serve. I also have drizzled it with caramel which is over the top amazing! You could pour a can of cherry pie filling over it after it has cooled for a cherry cheesecake. So may options, you can really do whatever your family likes!
Please help me and some of Juilanne’s other great friends celebrate today! Check out the list of all the other great recipes for this surprise Baby Shower!
Banana Fritters from Grandbaby Cakes
Mama’s Best Banana Pudding from The Novice Chef
Snowy Mountain Baby Shower Cake from Life, Love and Sugar
Fruity Pebbles Muffins from Crazy for Crust
Mountain Baby Shower Cookies from Glorious Treats
No Bake Turtle Dream Bars from 365 Days of Baking and More
Churro Cupcakes from Spoonful of Flavor
Classic Lemon Bars with Shortbread Crust from A Classic Twist
Peanut Butter Chocolate Poke Cake from The First Year Blog
Chocolate Raspberry Layer Cake from A Dash of Sanity
Potato Chip and Pecan Sandies from Simple Joy
More Easy Cheesecake Dessert Recipes to Try
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecake
- Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Funfetti Cheesecake Pie
- Skinny Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars
- Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 5 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well blended. Press into the bottom of a 7 inch spring form pan.
- In an electric stand mixer beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add in vanilla and flour, mixing until just combined.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until just incorporated.
- Stir in sour cream and heavy cream.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Cover with tightly with foil. Use a 2nd piece of foil to wrap up the sides and over the top of the pan. You want to make sure no liquid will drip and get into the cheesecake.
- Fill the Instant Pot with 1 1/2 cups of water. Place cheesecake pan on the trivet insert and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set to manually cook at high pressure for 35 minutes. Let it naturally release pressure until it unlocks, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully lift the trivet out and let the cheesecake cool to room temperature. Place in the fridge to chill overnight (or 8 hours) before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 97mgSodium 146mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!