Instant Pot Cheesecake – rich and creamy cheesecake that is made in the Instant Pot! So much easier and faster than a traditional cheesecake with all the same taste and texture.
I don’t have a lot of cheesecake recipes here on the blog. I have a couple, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake is probably my favorite, but I really haven’t made that many. Traditional cheesecakes that is. I have plenty of no bake versions, or mixing cheesecake with something else.
The reason? They are time consuming and can be finicky to make if you don’t want it to crack. Well, guess what? Using the Instant Pot makes it so darn easy, I may be making quite a few more cheesecakes in the near future!
Why This Recipe Works
- So much faster!! Normally you have to cook a cheesecake for an hour and then leave it in there for longer while it cools down and not open the door. This just cooks evenly and perfect in the Instant Pot no watching and babysitting it.
- This is not as thick and big as some traditional cheesecake recipes. Which for me is a positive. It is still super creamy, rich and delicious, but it a slightly more reasonable size.
- Mix up the flavor or mix-ins. If you have want to add extracts or have a flavored cheesecake you love, you can follow this method.
- You can top however you like! Berries and whipped cream is great or drizzle with Hot Fudge Sauce for a delicious change.
What You’ll Need
- Graham Crackers
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Sour Cream
- Heavy Cream
How to Make Instant Pot Cheesecake
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Mix together butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs and press into the bottom of your pan. You want to use a 7 inch springform pan for this. That is what will fit inside of the 8qt Instant Pot.
- In a mixer cream together cream cheese and sugar until it is smooth and creamy.
- Next mix in vanilla extract and flour until it is just blended.
- With the mixer on medium low, add the eggs one at a time. You want to beat until it is just incorporated and then mix in the next. If you need to stop the mixer to scrape down the sides do so.
- After all the eggs are mixed in stir in the sour cream and heavy cream until everything is just combined. You do not want to over mix your cheesecake or it could sink in the middle and not cook properly.
- Pour your cream cheese mixture into the prepared pie crust and wrap the entire pan with foil. You want to make sure the no liquid is going to drip and leak into the cheesecake as it cooks.
- Place the prepared pan on the trivet insert that comes with the Instant Pot and lower it into place. Fill with 1 1/2 cups of water in the base.
- Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes and let it naturally release the pressure until it unlocks, which takes about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot and let it cool to room temperature. Then place in the fridge overnight before serving. This allows it to set up completely.
Can You Freeze Instant Pot Cheesecake
Yes, cheesecake freezes really well. You can tightly wrap a whole cheesecake with plastic wrap and foil to make sure no air gets in, and then freeze for 2-3 months. Otherwise, individual slices freeze well also. You can slice and then place a piece of wax paper between the slices. This allows you to just remove a slice or two when you want, instead of having to thaw the entire cheesecake.
The thaw a slice of cheesecake takes about 30 minutes if left at room temperature. So it is great to have on hand for guests or when cravings strike!
Can You Use Any Springform Pan in an Instant Pot
The only requirement is that it fits inside. You can also use a cake pan, a glass pyrex dish or even a ceramic dish if it fits in the base of the Instant Pot.
I love this Instant Pot Cheesecake recipe for how easy it is. You don’t have to pre-bake the crust, you don’t have to crack the oven door, use a water bath or anything else. It is so much faster than a traditional cheesecake, but tastes just like you want it to!
I topped ours with whipped cream and strawberries when it was time to serve. I also have drizzled it with caramel which is over the top amazing! You could pour a can of cherry pie filling over it after it has cooled for a cherry cheesecake. So may options, you can really do whatever your family likes!
More Easy Cheesecake Dessert Recipes to Try
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecake
- Double Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies
- Funfetti Cheesecake Pie
- Skinny Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars
- Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Instant Pot Cheesecake - rich and creamy cheesecake that is made in the Instant Pot! So much easier and faster than a traditional cheesecake with all the same taste and texture.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 whole large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until well blended. Press into the bottom of a 7 inch spring form pan.
- In an electric stand mixer beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add in vanilla and flour, mixing until just combined.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until just incorporated.
- Stir in sour cream and heavy cream.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Cover with tightly with foil. Use a 2nd piece of foil to wrap up the sides and over the top of the pan. You want to make sure no liquid will drip and get into the cheesecake.
- Fill the Instant Pot with 1 1/2 cups of water. Place cheesecake pan on the trivet insert and lower into the Instant Pot.
- Seal the Instant Pot and set to manually cook at high pressure for 35 minutes. Let it naturally release pressure until it unlocks, about 20 minutes.
- Carefully lift the trivet out and let the cheesecake cool to room temperature. Place in the fridge to chill overnight (or 8 hours) before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 283Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 105mgSodium 148mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 0gSugar 25gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Beef Stroganoff - March 24, 2023
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
Love love LOVE the idea of making a cheesecake in the Instant Pot!
Glory Albin says
This looks so perfectly creamy and delicious! Wishing this was an in-person baby shower so I could have a slice! =)
Love this recipe and I am so scared to try my Instant Pot, so you will have to come over soon and show me. Love that we could all celebrate Julianne today. xo
I have been meaning to try to make Cheesecake in my Instant Pot for ages. I think it’s time I finally try, because this one looks amazing!!
Julianne Dell says
GAH! you know how much I love cheesecake!!! Thank you so much for the sweet surprise shower, what a whirlwind these last few months have been. <3
Dorothy Reinhold says
I LOVE cheesecake and the IP seems like the perfect way to cook it perfectly! I can’t wait to try this recipe.
I’m confused…flour is listed twice in the list of ingredients and no mention of heavy cream. The instructions mention adding heavy cream. Can you please clarify how the recipe should be?
Erin S says
Thanks for catching that. The recipe has been updated.
Allyson Zea says
I make this all the time and it’s perfect!
I think I need to buy an instant pot just so I can make cheesecake! I’m glad we were able to celebrate Julianne!
Kelley Simmons says
I love the idea of making cheesecake in the Instant Pot! Can’t wait to give this a try!
Lindsay @ Life, Love and Sugar says
Love this! Such a simple way to make cheesecake!
Beth Pierce says
I can’t wait to try this recipe. I love cheesecake and this is a great way to make it.
Sara Welch says
Such a great way to use my Instant Pot! This looks delicious; can’t wait for dessert!
I love my Instant Pot and I will definitely try this cheesecake!
I really need to use my instant pot to its full potential. This looks amazing!!! Can’t wait to try.
The perfect dessert to honor Julianne!
So an Instant Pot can do more than just cook eggs and chicken?? Think I might have to try this one, Ehrin!