Key Lime Cheesecake – Perfectly tart and sweet mini cheesecakes. Top with whipped cream for a great dessert any time!
I love the sweet and tart flavor of key lime. Key Lime Pie is a one of my go to desserts when I am entertaining. Everyone loves it, and it is so easy to make! So I decided I needed to combine another favorite with that tart key lime flavor to make an extra delicious dessert.
Mini cheesecakes are great because you have built in portion control, and you can serve them easily to guests. They do have a special mini cheesecake pan you can buy, but I like to just use a regular muffin tin.
In the summer No Bake Oreo Cheesecake is a great easy dessert to make. But sometimes you just want the real thing. And this key lime cheesecake recipe is darn easy to make and so worth turning on the oven for. It is very similar to a classic cheesecake, just add in key lime juice and a little flour to help make up for the extra liquid.
Mini cheesecakes are best stored in the fridge, but I like to take them out and let them come closer to room temperature before serving. The tartness of the lime comes up and they are much more flavorful that way.
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
- Starting with room temperature ingredients makes for a creamy and delicious cheesecake. So set out the cream cheese and eggs before you are ready to start.
- To make the crust you just mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together. Then use a tablespoon to fill each muffin liner and gently press into the pan.
- Bake the crusts for 5 minutes and then set aside until your filling is ready.
- Use an electric mixer to blend cream cheese and sugar until it is smooth and super creamy.
- Mix in sour cream, key lime juice and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Next add the eggs. You mix them in one at a time until they are well incorporated. You do not want to mix on too high of a speed, incorporating too much air will lead to cheesecakes that sink. Mini cheesecakes tend to sink slightly in the middle anyway, you just don’t want them to completely sink.
- Finally use a spatula to mix in the flour. This helps give you the creamy texture despite all the extra liquid from the key lime juice.
- Bake until the cheesecake is set. It takes about 25-30 minutes. If they are cracked on top, they are done.
How Long to Bake Mini Cheesecakes
They take a small fraction of the time that traditional cheesecakes do. They take closer to 25-30 minutes until the centers are set. You don’t have to let it sit in the oven with the door closed or any of the other steps in a full cheesecake either. Just take them out of the oven and let them cool. Then store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Next time you are looking for a different recipes to try this mini cheesecake recipe is it! Sweet, tart, and absolutely delicious.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
After feedback and multiple tests, this recipe has been re-written. As of 1/26/15 the recipe has been updated As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 209Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 61mgSodium 148mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 3g
After feedback and multiple tests, this recipe has been re-written. As of 1/26/15 the recipe has been updated
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.