Key Lime Cheesecake – Perfectly tart and sweet mini cheesecakes. Top with whipped cream for a great dessert any time!
I love the sweet and tart flavor of key lime. Key Lime Pie is a one of my go to desserts when I am entertaining. Everyone loves it, and it is so easy to make! So I decided I needed to combine another favorite with that tart key lime flavor to make an extra delicious dessert.
Mini cheesecakes are great because you have built in portion control, and you can serve them easily to guests. They do have a special mini cheesecake pan you can buy, but I like to just use a regular muffin tin.
Key Lime Cheesecake
In the summer No Bake Oreo Cheesecake is a great easy dessert to make. But sometimes you just want the real thing. And this key lime cheesecake recipe is darn easy to make and so worth turning on the oven for. It is very similar to a classic cheesecake, just add in key lime juice and a little flour to help make up for the extra liquid.
If you are a fan of the key lime flavor, you are going to love these. They are bright, sweet, tart, creamy, rich, and just down right delicious!
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Graham Crackers
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- All-Purpose Flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Key Lime Juice
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
- Make the crust. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together. Then use a tablespoon to fill each muffin liner and gently press into the pan. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes and then set aside until your filling is ready.
- Make Cheesecake. Use an electric mixer to blend cream cheese and sugar until it is smooth and super creamy. Mix in sour cream, key lime juice and vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Add the eggs. Mix the eggs in one at a time until they are well incorporated. You do not want to mix on too high of a speed, incorporating too much air will lead to cheesecakes that sink. Mini cheesecakes tend to sink slightly in the middle anyway, you just don’t want them to completely sink. Use a spatula to mix in the flour. This helps give you the creamy texture despite all the extra liquid from the key lime juice.
- Bake. Place the cheesecakes in the oven and bake until the cheesecake is set. It takes about 25-30 minutes. If they are cracked on top, they are done.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Starting with room temperature ingredients makes for a creamy and delicious cheesecake. So set out the cream cheese and eggs before you are ready to start.
- Don’t over mix. When you are adding in the eggs, you want to really mix them in well, but not whip them for too long. You don’t want to incorporate too much air, or the cheesecakes will sink. As you can see by the pictures, they will sink a little no matter what, that is just the nature of them. But you don’t want a giant hole in the center either.
- Use cupcake liners. When I make muffins I often recommend just spraying with non-stick spray. But there are next to impossible to get out with the crust if you don’t use liners.
How Long to Bake Mini Cheesecakes
They take a small fraction of the time that traditional cheesecakes do. They take closer to 25-30 minutes until the centers are set. You don’t have to let it sit in the oven with the door closed or any of the other steps in a full cheesecake either. Just take them out of the oven and let them cool. Then store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Next time you are looking for a different recipes to try this mini cheesecake recipe is it! Sweet, tart, and absolutely delicious.
How To Store Key Lime Cheesecake
These mini cheesecakes are best stored in the fridge, but I like to take them out and let them come closer to room temperature before serving. The tartness of the lime comes up and they are much more flavorful that way.
What Kind Of Key Lime Juice Do You Use
Most grocery stores carry Nellie’s brand Key Lime Juice. It is in the juice aisle where you buy the bigger bottle of traditional lemon and lime juice. You can also order on Amazon. Or if they are in season you can sometimes find key limes in the grocery store that you could squeeze your own. If you really can’t find it, regular lime juice will work.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
- Special K Bars
- Chocolate Pavlova
- Oatmeal Cake
- Creamy Lemon Bars
- Cherry Cobbler
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Lemonade Pie
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 24 oz (3 packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 whole large eggs
- 2/3 cup key lime juice, (1/2-2/3 cup depending on taste)
- Heat oven to 350º F. Line muffin cups with liners. Makes a 24.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together. Put about 1 Tablespoons of crumbs into the bottom of the muffins tins. Press down. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar for a couple minutes until very smooth, scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add sour cream, key lime juice, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating for about 1 minute after each addition. Stir in flour until it is just combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups. Return to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until set.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10-15 minutes and then remove from the pan and finish cooling on a wire rack.
After feedback and multiple tests, this recipe has been re-written. As of 1/26/15 the recipe has been updated and changes have been reflected in the recipe card
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 209Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 61mgSodium 148mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!