Key Lime Pie – Just 3 simple ingredients to make this delicious, sweet, tart and creamy pie!
In the summer I usually like no bake desserts like Mint Chocolate Chip Pie, but some creamy and refreshing desserts that use the oven still need to be made. Like this key lime pie recipe. Key lime pie is one of my husband’s favorite desserts, and has been a staple in our house for years.
Creamy pies are my favorite kind. French Silk Pie might be my all time favorite pie. Unless it is a strawberry pie, we aren’t usually the fruit pie kind of people. So this key lime pie is a favorite for the whole family.
I have been making this easy key lime pie for years. It only takes 3 ingredients! You can’t get much better than that. I have no idea where the actual recipe came from. My husband found it about 15 years ago, and jotted it down on a post it note. Since then it has made its way to a recipe card and now here, so we can always find it.
This recipe for key lime pie is relatively basic. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t amazing. It doesn’t have a meringue topping or anything fancy. But topping with homemade whipped cream is definitely a must. We like our key lime pie tart, so the sweet cream helps balance it all out. My favorite form of meringue is Pavlova!
This key lime pie recipe is super easy to make. You have the Graham Cracker Crust, and then the filling of the pie is 3 ingredients! You really can’t get much simpler. Well No Bake Kool Aid pie might be a close 2nd.
How to Make Key Lime Pie
- Use a large bowl so you can mix everything together well.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks. You can save the egg whites or breakfast or something else later, you just don’t want any of them in your pie.
- Key lime juice is different that regular lime juice. Most stores have a bottle of the key lime juice in the juice isle, so look for it there.
- You can use store bought or homemade graham cracker crust, both are delicious and work well!
If you like key lime flavor, you are going to love this easy key lime pie! And if you are looking for a completely no bake recipe this Key Lime Pie Ice Box cake should be on the menu. You will love the how sweet, tart and creamy it is.
I am pretty excited to try this Key Lime Martini! I mean, why should key lime only be for desserts?!
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 cup Key Lime Juice
- 3 egg yolks
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, , melted
- To make the crust: Mix sugar with cracker crumbs. Stir in the melted butter. Pour into pie plate, and press firmly against the sides. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool slightly.
- To make the filling: Blend everything until smooth. Pour into crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, then refrigerate. To serve, top with whipped cream.
Amount Per ServingCalories 398 Total Fat 17g Saturated Fat 9g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 112mg Sodium 221mg Carbohydrates 56g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 47g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 7g