Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars – flaky pastry around a thick and creamy layer of cheesecake. Then topped with butter and cinnamon sugar. A quick and easy version of sopapillas you can make in no time!
I love Mexican recipes and anything that is Tex-Mex themed. So when I can have a dessert that is fitting for my favorite dinner, I am one happy girl! Guacamole, Chicken Fajitas, Spanish Rice and then these Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars…..a perfect day!
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
The cheesecake bars use crescent rolls to get the flaky layers. That also means they are super easy to make and you can assemble them in just minutes! You get the cinnamon and sugar crunch that sopapillas are known for with a sweet creamy cheesecake later. A super easy treat that you can make for just about any occasion.
What You’ll Need
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Crescent Rolls Dough – if you can find the sheets, they are the best, but regular crescent rolls work as well. Just press it together at the seams so it forms one sheet.
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Flaky Crust – the crust for these are crescent rolls. It is a very easy shortcut that makes them super flaky and delicious. You need 2 rolls of dough. 1 gets pressed into the bottom of the pan, and one goes over the cheesecake mixture.
- Make the Cheesecake – Cream together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until it is smooth and creamy. Spread over the base in the pan and then this gets topped with the second roll of dough.
- Cinnamon Sugar – about half of the cinnamon sugar mixture get sprinkled over the base. The rest gets sprinkled on the top before you bake it. It gets a little crispy and extra tasty!
- Bake – Once everything is assembled you just bake until the crescent dough is set and cooked. Let them cool completely before slicing. They are best stored in the fridge.
How Do You Store Cheesecake Bars
You want to keep these covered and in the fridge. They will last for a couple days. When you are ready to serve, take them out about 30 minutes ahead of time so they can warm up just a bit.
What Can I Use If I Can’t Find Crescent Rolls
I realize that not every country or even grocery store sells the Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, so if you can’t find it, puff pastry sheets work great as well. You will need to roll it out just a little to get it to fit a 13×9 inch baking dish, but it will work great as a swap.
More Fun Dessert Recipes
- Red Velvet Brownies
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- Cookie Dough Frosting
- Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes
- Thin Mint Brownies
- Gooey Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Mix well. Set aside.
- Unroll 1 package crescent rolls and press into the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle about half of the cinnamon mixture over the base.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the base.
- Top with the remaining package of crescent rolls.
- Pour butter over the top and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden and set.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 105Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 13mgSodium 44mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 0gSugar 15gProtein 0g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!