This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dairy MAX, your local dairy council. All opinions are 100% mine.
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars – flaky pastry around a thick and creamy layer of cheesecake. Then topped with butter and cinnamon sugar. A quick and easy version of sopapillas you can make in no time!
The holidays are approaching and that means lots of parties, get togethers and dinners with friends and family. Today I am partnering with Dairy MAX; a non-profit dairy council representing dairy farm families across Colorado, southwest Kansas, Louisiana, Montana, New Mexico, western Oklahoma, Texas, and Wyoming. I am here to bring you an epic 3 course dinner, that is centered around dairy, that will be perfect for all your dinner parties!
The first course is a white queso dip that is made with white American cheese, jalapenos and plenty of spices. The perfect snack for when guests arrive. The main course is chicken enchiladas that are in a creamy sour cream and green chili sauce. And finally sopapilla cheesecake bars for dessert. A Mexican dinner everyone will love!
Did you know that Americans over 9 years of age should enjoy 3 daily servings of dairy? In general, a serving of dairy is equivalent to 1 cup of milk or yogurt, and 1.5-2 ounces of cheese. Between all 3 courses of this dinner, we have the dairy covered. Not only is it delicious, it has superfood nutrition powers that do the body good.
Dairy has always been a big part of my family’s diet. It can be cheese for a snack, a glass of milk with dinner, and yogurt for breakfast. It is easy to fit into any part of your day. Studies show that when you eat dairy as part of a healthy eating pattern and overall quality diet, you may reduce the risk of osteoporosis, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure and Type 2 diabetes. That is huge, and definitely something that I take seriously.
For this dairy centered dinner we are going to start with the best White Queso Dip. It is super simple to make and great for any occasion. My family loves it for game day as well. The queso starts with jalapenos that are sauteed in butter until they are nice and soft. Then you add some flour and milk to make sure it is super thick and creamy. I like to use American cheese, but you can use any cheese that melts well. You just want to make sure it gets nice and smooth. A few spices are added at the end and it is always delicious!
For the main course we are making White Chicken Enchiladas. I love the sour cream in this sauce because it not only makes it super creamy but it tastes amazing. It is a simple white sauce that gets poured over the top and then topped with cheese. Really easy to make and a show stopper when you bring it to the table.
You can use rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken that you toss with seasoning to make these enchiladas super quick and easy. The white sauce uses sour cream and green chilies, which make it a little tangy and full of great flavor. The chilies don’t make it spicy, so no worries there! Lots of cheese is added to the top and it makes for a great dinner for entertaining or on Taco Tuesday.
And to cap off this delicious dinner we can’t forget dessert! A Mexican feast wouldn’t be complete without sopapillas! But I turned sopapillas into cheesecake bars. How fun and tasty is that?! Super creamy cheesecake in between flaky layers that are coated in cinnamon and sugar. Decadent and perfect for this tasty dinner.
The cheesecake bars use crescent rolls to get the flaky layers. That also means they are super easy to make and you can assemble them in just minutes! The cheesecake layer is cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract. Super simple, but so good!
How to Make Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Flaky Crust – the crust for these are crescent rolls. It is a very easy shortcut that makes them super flaky and delicious. You need 2 rolls of dough. 1 gets pressed into the bottom of the pan, and one goes over the cheesecake mixture.
- Make the Cheesecake – Cream together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until it is smooth and creamy. Spread over the base in the pan and then this gets topped with the second roll of dough.
- Cinnamon Sugar – about half of the cinnamon sugar mixture get sprinkled over the base. The rest gets sprinkled on the top before you bake it. It gets a little crispy and extra tasty!
- Bake – Once everything is assembled you just bake until the crescent dough is set and cooked. Let them cool completely before slicing. They are best stored in the fridge.
If you are looking to host a dinner party this season, you can not only do it easily, but feel good about what you are serving. This meal has dairy in every course, so you know you are helping to build stronger bones and healthier bodies with a powerful package of nutrients.
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon for the topping. Mix well. Set aside.
- Unroll 1 package crescent rolls and press into the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle about half of the cinnamon mixture over the base.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the base.
- Top with the remaining package of crescent rolls.
- Pour butter over the top and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the top is golden and set.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Amount Per ServingCalories 105 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 13mg Sodium 44mg Carbohydrates 16g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 0g Sugar 15g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 0g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!