Thin Mint Brownies – Fudgy Brownies with thin mint cookies in each bite!
It is Secret Recipe Club time again! Another month, another fun blog to look through. This month I was assigned Megan’s Cookin’. Megan has been blogging for a few years, so there were so many wonderful things to look through. I had a really hard time deciding. I almost made these Penguin Appetizers on cuteness factor alone. This Linguini with Lemon Cream Sauce sounds like it would be great for one of my meatless meals, can’t wait to try it either. But in the end, I went with brownies. If you know me, that shouldn’t come as much of a surprise.
I completely missed Girl Scout Cookie season this year. Probably for the best, when you think of it. But still, disappointing. I did manage to get my hands on one box of Thin Mints, so I could try these brownies. I had one, and it was minty, and fudgy, and delicious! I saved one for my 6 year old, and the rest went to school! I had to get them out of the house quickly, before I ate the entire pan. Good thing teachers appreciate baked goods 🙂
- 1/2 cup butter , melted and cooled slightly
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate , melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 12 Thin Mint Cookies , crushed (about 1/2 a sleeve)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare and 8x8 baking pan.
- Mix together chocolate and butter. Add in sugar and eggs, and stir until well combined. Add flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until just combined. Fold in crushed cookies. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.
You could use a box mix if desired. Follow instructions on box, fold in cookies and bake according to the directions.