Thin Mint Brownies – Fudgy homemade brownies with thin mint cookies in each bite! Rich, chocolate-y and the perfect dessert.
If you know one thing about me, it is that brownies are pretty much my all time favorite dessert. I have had this Homemade Brownie recipe memorized since I was probably 7 years old. It was made so often when I was a kid, and is still my go-to.
And the only way to make brownies better is to mix in fun flavors! Today we are taking advantage of Girl Scout Cookie season and using Thin Mints.
This recipe is so easy you are going to want to buy a box or two extra of the Thin Mints, because you are going to be making these over and over.
What You’ll Need
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Baking Powder
- Thin Mints
Pretty standard brownie ingredients that most people have on hand already. You can definitely use a store bought mix and follow the instructions for the brownie part on the box. Or you can even make my Homemade Brownie Mix and have that in your pantry for when cravings strike!
How To Make Thin Mint Brownies
- Start by mixing together the melted butter with the chocolate until everything is nice and smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and sugar until they are fully incorporated.
- Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder until everything is just combined.
- Next mix in your crushed Thin Mints.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until a tester comes out clean and they are done. Let them cool completely before serving.
- As with all brownies, it is best to slightly under bake them. They will continue to cook for a little while after you take them out of the oven and they are sitting in the super hot pan. So if you pull them out when they are already completely baked, they will be over done by the time you go to serve them.
- Don’t have Girl Scout Cookies. Keebler sells Grasshopper cookies in the regular grocery store that taste pretty much exactly the same. So you can make these cookies year round!
- You can use a brownie mix if you don’t want to make them from scratch. Just follow the instructions on the box and fold in the amount of cookies listed in the recipe before baking.
- Cover the brownies and store on the counter for 3-4 days.
More Brownie Recipes to Try
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
- Nutella Brownies
- Cosmic Brownies
- Moonies (Chocolate Mousse Brownies)
- Easy Homemade Brownies
- Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies
- S’mores Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 Thin Mint Cookies, crushed (about 1/2 a sleeve)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper or grease well.
- Mix together chocolate and melted butter until nice and smooth
- . Add in sugar and eggs, and stir until eggs are fully incorporated.
- Stir in flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in crushed cookies. Pour into prepared baking pan
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
You could use a box mix if desired. Follow instructions on box, fold in cookies and bake according to the directions.
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 39mgSodium 123mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 3g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!