Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies – classic soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies that have a delicious chocolate Nutella center!
I first discovered what Nutella was in high school and have been a huge fan every since. There are plenty of Nutella recipes on this site, and even your own Homemade Nutella….which is way better than the store bought stuff.
This cookie recipe has been on the blog for about 10 years, so it was time it was brought up to date with better instructions, so you could confidently make them on your own!
I used my favorite Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies for the base of this recipe, because they come out thick, chewy, and delicious every time. But if you have a favorite, you can definitely use that. You can even use store bought dough if you really wanted to save some time.
What You’ll Need
- White Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Chocolate Chips
The cornstarch is the secret ingredient that helps the cookies stay soft and chewy even after they cool!
How To Make Nutella Stuffed Cookies
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the FULL measurements and instructions
- The first thing to do is scoop balls of Nutella onto a baking sheet to freeze. This helps it not just disappear into the cookie and makes the cookies way easier to fill. You need about 2 teaspoons of Nutella per little ball. Freeze for about 1 hour.
- Make the cookie dough by beating the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Then beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until they are just incorporated. Finally fold in the chocolate chips.
- You want to chill the cookie dough. This is easiest to work with by scooping 2 tablespoons of dough (I use my medium cookie scoop) onto a baking sheet or plate, and place them in the fridge for 30 minutes. The dough is just much easier to scoop at room temperature than after you chill it.
- After everything is nice and cold, flatten a ball of dough, place a ball of Nutella in the center and fold up the dough and roll into a ball to fully enclose the chocolate.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until the edges of the cookies are golden and the tops are set and appear dry.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Just like any cookies, these are best stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Freezing – you can freeze the already baked cookies for up to 3 months. Or you can freeze the balls of dough (after they are filled) for up to 3 months, and then just bake when you want them.
If you are baking frozen dough, I like to take out the balls of dough and let them sit on the counter while the oven preheats. Then just add about 1 minute to the baking time. But then you can have fresh warm cookies on demand any night of the week!
More Tasty Cookie Recipes
- Homemade Star Crunch
- Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Bakery Sugar Cookies
- Texas Sheet Cake Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oreo Pudding Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Andes Mint Cake Mix Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 whole large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Nutella
- Scoop 24-2 teaspoon balls of Nutella onto a baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour.
- In an electric mixer cream together butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until the egg is very well incorporated.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Scoop 2 Tablespoon balls of dough (medium cookie scoop) onto a baking sheet. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to .350º F.
- Rewove chilled dough and frozen Nutella from the freezer. Flatten a ball of dough, place a Nutella ball in the center and roll to full enclose. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place balls of dough on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are golden on the edges and the tops are set and appear dry.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving Calories 227Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 23mgSodium 152mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 19gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!