Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe – a thick and creamy chocolate cheesecake with chocolate ganache and pieces of peppermint candy
What do you serve for dessert on Christmas? My husband’s family has Grasshopper Pie. I look forward to it every year. When I was growing up my family would have pumpkin pie, because our Christmas dinner was pretty much a Thanksgiving repeat. But since high school Christmas dinner has changed, and we don’t seem to have a go to dessert anymore. Sometimes it is just Christmas cookies, sometimes it is pumpkin pie, sometimes it is something completely different. This year I think I need to start the tradition of this peppermint chocolate cheesecake!
This chocolate cheesecake recipe is pretty easy to put together. To make sure the cheesecake stays dense and creamy be careful not to over mix and incorporate too much air into the batter. This will lead to a super creamy, thick, and delicious chocolate cheesecake. You can also determine how sweet or dark you want the chocolate. I used 1/2 unsweetened, 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate for my cheesecake, which led to a relatively dark chocolate taste. A great pairing with the peppermint! If you want it sweeter, use more semi-sweet chocolate. Super easy! I used my Blendtec Blender to make quick work of the Oreo’s for the crust. Couldn’t be quicker!
I brought part of this chocolate cheesecake to our neighbors the other day. They were super excited, and later that day they returned the tray. Apparently it was a huge hit! So impress your holiday guests this year with this chocolate cheesecake recipe. It will come together quickly, and everyone will be asking you for the recipe!
- 1 package Oreo
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 4 (8oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbls cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 3 tsp peppermint extract
- 10 oz chocolate , melted (semi-sweet or unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Andes peppermint baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Oreo's in a blender or food process, pulse until fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter.
- Press into 9 inch spring form pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a mixer cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar and cocoa powder until well blended. Mix in 1 egg and a time. Blend in peppermint extract and melted chocolate. Mixture will be thick.
- Pour into baked Oreo Crust. Bake for 60-70 minutes until it starts to pull away from the sides and is cooked through.
- Let cool completely. Run a knife around the edges to remove the sides of the pan.
- Melt heavy cream and chocolate chips together, stirring until smooth. Pour over cheesecake. Sprinkle with peppermint baking bits.
- Set in fridge for 4-6 hours until chocolate is set and the cheesecake is cool.
Recipe adapted from Homemade Hooplah
Amount Per Serving Calories 549Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 126mgSodium 172mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 3gSugar 48gProtein 8g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Be sure to follow along on Pinterest where I am always pinning fun and new ideas!