Instant Pot Corn on the Cob – an easy side dish you can make all summer long. The corn comes out juicy, tender, and perfect every time!
When I was growing up my mom ALWAYS made corn on the cob in the pressure cooker. This was before Instant Pots were a thing. She used an old fashioned pressure cooker every time. It was the only thing I ever remember her making in there, but the corn was perfect and delicious every time!
Fast forward to me on my own and having to learn how to make corn. I always just put a pot of water on the stove and steamed it. It turned out well enough, but not like I remembered as a kid. So then I decided to try it in the Instant Pot and use my moms method. And just like that, the BEST corn on the cob!
It is so easy to make corn on the cob in the Instant Pot, you will never go back again. And it doesn’t even add time, from start to finish it is ready in the same amount of time and so much better! Trust me, pressure cooker corn on the cob is magic, and the way to take your fresh summer sweet corn to a new level.
How to Make Corn on the Cob in the Instant Pot
- Start by shucking your corn as you normally would. You can cook the corn in with the husk still on, but you will need to trim off the stem and remove some of the husk to make it fit in the pot.
- Add water to the bottom of the pot, and then place the trivet in the base of the pot.
- Add the corn. You can really add as much as you can fit, just stack it nicely and make sure you can get the lid on without having to push down on any of the corn.
- Turn the pressure on high for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, quick release the Instant Pot and remove the corn. Serve with butter and salt.
How Long To Pressure Cook Corn on the Cob
You will see quite the range in times when you look up recipes. But my mom always cooked for 5 minutes, and that has worked perfectly every time I have tried in my Instant Pot. 5 minutes gives you a crisp bite to the corn, it is not mushy. But it is enough time for the sugars to come out and make the corn sweet and juicy, while slightly tender.
Corn on the cob is a staple all summer long! When you can get it fresh from the farmers market or direct from a stand this way of cooking it makes it even better! All you need a little butter and salt and you have the perfect side dish for any meal.
What to Serve Corn on the Cob With
- Smoked Baby Back Ribs
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
- Buffalo Chicken Burger
- Beer Brats
More Great Summer Side Dishes
- 4-6 ears fresh corn on the cob
- 1 cup water
- Shuck corn on the cob and trim the stem so it fits in the Instant Pot.
- Pour water into the pot and place the trivet in the bottom.
- Arrange corn so it all fits.
- Close the lid and set to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once it is done, use the quick release until the Instant Pot unlocks. Remove corn and serve immediately.
Amount Per ServingCalories 114Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 302mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!