Avocado Scrambled Eggs – A healthy breakfast to start your day off right. Buttery avocado mixed with creamy scrambled eggs makes for a great breakfast.
Avocado and eggs just kind of go together. Avocado toast is all the rage right now, and want is one of the most common things to put on it? A fried egg. It is just a flavor combo that works!
Personally I am not a fan of a runny egg yolk, I am more of a scrambled egg kind of girl. So mixing in pieces of buttery avocado just makes sense to me. And man does it take your eggs to a whole new level!
The creamy scrambled eggs with the soft avocado is something you will be going back to over and over again. Plus it is ready in about 5 minutes, so you can’t beat that on a busy morning!
How To Make Avocado Scrambled Eggs
- You want to whisk together your eggs with a tiny bit of milk. You can use cream as well, but I think milk gives the same results with less fat and calories. The more you whisk and incorporate air into the eggs the fluffier they will be.
- Get a skillet hot and then melt a little butter in it. Pour in the eggs and gently stir them around.
- Once the eggs start to set stir in the avocado.
- Cook until the eggs are to your desired done-ness and then top with chives and season with salt and pepper to taste.
So if you are looking for a new way to mix up your breakfast this is it! I know avocado toast is the new thing, but serve your scrambled eggs and avocado on a piece of toast and call it good.
The chunks of buttery avocado make this so much better than the mashed on toast version.
More Great Breakfast Recipes
- Blueberry Waffles
- Sausage Breakfast Sandwich
- Chocolate Waffles
- Pancake Muffins
- Blueberry French Toast Bake
- Breakfast Bowls with Sausage
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbls milk
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 avocado, , diced
- 1 tsp chives, , chopped
- Heat a skillet over medium low heat. In a small bowl beat the eggs and the milk together until light in color, about 30 seconds.
- Once the pan is hot, add the butter to the pan, and swirl to coat. Pour in eggs. Stir the eggs occasionally, until they start to set.
- Add the avocado, and continue stirring until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Top with fresh chives to serve and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Amount Per ServingCalories 463Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 402mgSodium 307mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 7gSugar 1gProtein 23g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!