Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie – An easy and refreshing smoothie you can make in just minutes. A homemade version of the Jamba Juice Aloha Smoothie that is perfect for snacking or breakfast.
Are you a big smoothie drinker? I have to say it is not something that we normally have in our house. Every time I make them, I think we should have them more and then I just forget! But this Copycat Jamba Juice Aloha Smoothie is going to have to make the list, and be something we have more often. All of us devour it every time, so there really is no excuse!
I haven’t lived in a city with a Jamba Juice in years, but I always loved going in to try their different combinations. Last summer when we were visiting my parents we stopped there and I loved all the different add-ins you could get to make your smoothie healthier. If I actually lived near one, I think it could be dangerous.
So I will just stick to making mine at home, it is probably safer that way. This is super simple because you use frozen fruit and then just need to add pineapple juice and yogurt to make it come together.
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Ingredients
I like to use frozen fruit so that I don’t have to use ice. But if you don’t have frozen fruit, just add in a cup of ice when you blend it.
- Frozen Strawberries
- Frozen Pineapple
- Frozen Banana
- Pineapple Juice (You can use orange juice, water, or even milk if you need to substitute)
- Vanilla Yogurt (Greek or regular is fine)
How to Make Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- It is best to do in a high powered blender if you are using frozen fruit, so it can blend it nice and smooth. Really just add everything to the blend and blend until it is creamy and done.
- If you don’t have frozen fruit, add 1 cup of ice cubes to get it to the right consistency.
- If you need to add more liquid to get it to come together you can, just add a little bit at a time, so it doesn’t get too runny.
- Handful of Spinach
- Scoop of vanilla protein powder
- Ground flax seed
- Half of an avocado
The nice thing about smoothies like this is they come together in 5 minutes. You really just put all the ingredients into a blender and let it go. So it is great to make for an after school snack or mid afternoon pick me up. With all the different add in ideas you can make it even more filling and nutrient dense, without anyone ever knowing!
Tips For Frozen Fruit
Whenever we have fruit that is on its last leg, I clean it up and put add it to a freezer safe bag in the freezer. I peel the bananas and break them in half, then stash them in a bag. So whenever you need frozen fruit for anything, you have some on hand, and don’t always have to buy bags of frozen fruit at the store. Frozen fruit can be expensive, but if you consistently have just a few strawberries that are about to go bad, or raspberries that don’t get eaten, you can save them for smoothies, and always have them available.
You can definitely put whole strawberries in a smoothie. So if you have them leftover or buy them frozen, whole or sliced strawberries work great.
More Great Breakfast Recipes
- Kiwi Spinach Smoothie
- Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
- Sausage Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Skinny Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Protein Pancakes
- Chocolate Oatmeal Banana Blender Muffins
- Mixed Berry Smoothie
- Strawberry Shortcake Pancakes
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Blend everything together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, and enjoy!
If not using frozen fruit, add 1 cup of ice to the blender.
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 3mgSodium 44mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 5gSugar 51gProtein 5g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!