No Bake Peanut Butter Bars – Just 5 simple ingredients and 10 minutes and you can have bars that taste like homemade peanut butter cups! The perfect easy dessert to make any day of the week!
We all know that I am a huge fan of anything with chocolate and peanut butter together. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of the most popular recipes on the blog, so I know that you guys love the combo as well! So I am pretty sure you guys are going to love the peanut butter bars as much as I do.
This recipe was originally posted on the blog in 2011, when I first started blogging. So I figured it was time they got a little face lift and brought back to life. They are so darn good, they deserve their day!
Peanut Butter Bar Ingredients
If you have been around here awhile you will notice these are the same ingredients that are in Reese’s Fudge. The ratios are just different. These are definitely harder and more like a bar. The fudge is creamier and what you would expect of fudge.
- Peanut Butter
- Graham Crackers
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Start with melting the butter and peanut butter together. Stir until they are combined and smooth.
- Mix in the graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. The dough will be thick, so if you prefer a mixer for this step go for it.
- Press the mixture into a 13×9 inch baking pan and place in the refrigerator while you prepare the topping.
- Melt together the chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter until nice and smooth. Pour over the bars and let it chill for at least 1 hour for the chocolate to set.
I like to store the peanut butter bars in the fridge. After an hour and the chocolate is set, I remove the pan from the fridge and slice the whole pan. You can then remove the bars and store in an air tight container or just cover your baking dish. When it is time to serve I let them sit out for 15-20 minutes so they aren’t cold.
There are a few easy substitutions you can make with this recipe if you need or want to.
- Graham Crackers – if you are not in the US and can’t get these, digestive biscuits will work. You could even use something like Ritz crackers. If you do think make sure you use unsalted butter or your bars will turn out salty. You could even do something like Nilla Wafers if that is what you had. You just need something that compliments the flavor to give it structure.
- Chocolate – the recipe calls for milk chocolate chips, but you can really use any type of chocolate you enjoy. Dark chocolate, semi-sweet, even white chocolate. And it doesn’t have to be chips, you can use a bar that you melt down as well.
- Peanut Butter – if you have a peanut allergy, you can use sun butter or if tree nuts aren’t a problem almond butter works great.
If you are a fan of chocolate and peanut butter together these are a must make! They are ready in just minutes, and even the kids could get in on helping.
More Peanut Butter and Chocolate Recipes
- Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cream Pie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Dump Cake
- Peanut Butter Cup Pie
A Few No Bake Desserts Recipes To Try
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- No Bake Kool Aid Pie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Pie
- Lemon Lasagna Dessert Recipe
- No Bake Jello Pie
Peanut Butter Bars
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars - Just 5 simple ingredients and 10 minutes and you can have bars that taste like homemade peanut butter cups! The perfect easy dessert to make any day of the week!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Melt butter and 1 cup peanut butter together, mix until well combined.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and powdered sugar. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Press into a 13×9 baking pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Melt chocolate chips and 4Tbls peanut butter together, mix until smooth.
- Spread over peanut butter layer. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe from All Recipes
Amount Per Serving Calories 190Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 15mgSodium 119mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 11gProtein 3g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats - May 30, 2023
- Bisquick Muffins - May 29, 2023
- Oatmeal Pancakes - May 26, 2023
Thursday 18th of June 2020
Soooo delicious! These have everything I love all in one!
Wednesday 17th of June 2020
My husband is going to love these for Father's Day!
Wednesday 17th of June 2020
Yummy!!! You can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. :)
Thursday 7th of May 2020
These are totally irresistible!! Perfect treats!
Tuesday 5th of May 2020
Always love a peanut butter treat; it's exactly what I need to cure my sweet tooth! Looking forward to enjoying this over later this week!