Getting back into the swing of things after being gone for 4 days is work. With all the unpacking, the laundry, the work to catch up on, the family you want to spend time with. But, I think I am finally there. I am sharing lots of pictures and talking about my time in Miami tomorrow. Thank you so much to STAR Fine Foods for making it possible for me to attend the conference.
S’mores are everywhere, in every way shape or form. I have seen cake, bars, cookies, milkshakes…you name it, it is out there. I first made these s’mores bars a few years ago. I had kind of forgotten about them, but remade them recently, and they will now be on repeat at our house. They were insanely good, and so addicting. I brought them to the end of the year flag football pot luck for my son’s team. I had a hard time staying out of them ahead of time, and I wasn’t the only one. At the picnic, everyone kept talking about them! I am not sure that I came home with any left. And considering I also made a full batch of Frosted Sugar Cookies (decorated like footballs) for the team of 10 kids, I think you could say they were a hit.
S’mores Bars start with a graham cracker crust and then are topped with chocolate chip cookie dough that is full of lots of chocolate and marshmallows. Then as the bars bake you top with the classic Hershey bar. A classic summer treat that you can enjoy any day of the year, no campfire required.
- 1 1/2 cups Graham Crackers, (1 sleeve), crushed
- 1/3 cup butter, , melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 3 Hershey Bars, , broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 baking pan with foil. Set aside
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Cream butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar together. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda. By hand mix in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Spread over the graham cracker crust. Bake for 15 minutes. Top with broken pieces of Hershey Bars. Return to oven and bake for 20-25 more minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Serving Size24 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 242Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 35mgSodium 235mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 18gProtein 2g