Puppy Chow Bars – Traditional Muddy Buddies (Puppy Chow) made into a thick and fudgy no bake bars! These (For Humans Only) bars will disappear in no time!
When I was growing up I remember making the Puppy Chow recipe off the back of the box of Crispix cereal. It was one of my favorite things, and it was so easy to make. Since them Chex cereal came out with their version and called it Muddy Buddies.
Regardless of what you call it, they are basically the same thing, and my Puppy Chow Recipe is a slight variation that includes even more peanut butter and chocolate. And today we are having them in bar form, which is even easier to make!
What You’ll Need
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Chex Cereal
- Powdered Sugar
Yep, that is it. Just 5 ingredients. And there aren’t like Rice Krispie Treats that are super gooey from the marshmallows. There are literally just 5 regular sized marshmallows or 50 mini marshmallows in the whole recipe. Just enough to make everything stay together and be soft and fudgy.
How To Make Puppy Chow Bars
- In a bowl melt together the chocolate, marshmallows and peanut butter. I like to do this with the microwave set at 50% power for 45 second intervals. Stir after each time, and it should take 2-3 time to get the mixture nice and smooth.
- Add the Chex cereal and mix until everything is well coated.
- Press into an 8-inch square pan and spread into an even layer.
- Dust the bars with powdered sugar and let them completely set up before slicing to serve.
Cover the bars and keep in an airtight container for 4-5 days at room temperature. If your house is warm, you make want to refrigerate the bars so they don’t melt and aren’t too gooey. If you refrigerate the bars, they should last for closer to 7 days. I think they are best served at room temperature, so just take them out ahead of time if they are chilled.
- Can’t have peanut butter? You really just need anything that consistency that is sweet and goes with chocolate. So if you have other nut butters you can eat, those work great. You could use biscoff spread or cookie butter as well. Or even sun butter works great.
- These are sweet, so you could use dark chocolate if don’t like things super sweet.
- Use whatever flavor of Chex cereal you like. My favorites are Corn or Rice because they are super versatile and the flavor doesn’t stand out. But use whatever you have.
More Tasty Dessert Recipes
- Cookie Dough Frosting
- Cosmic Brownie Cookies
- Ding Dong Cake
- No Bake Monster Cookie Bars
- Homemade Milky Way
- Star Crunch Cookies
- Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 cups chex cereal (any flavor)
- 5 regular size marshmallows (50 mini marshmallows)
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a large bowl melt together the marshmallows, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Microwave at 50% power for 45 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Stir in chex cereal once melted.
- Press into a 8x8 inch baking dish. Press well, so they stick together as a bar. Sift powdered sugar over the top.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- Store in the fridge for firm bars, room temperature for softer bars.
Amount Per Serving Calories 215Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 117mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!