Ham and Cheese Roll Ups – a super easy appetizer or even lunch box idea that everyone will love. They are creamy, cheesy, and full of flavor!
I love a good appetizer. My family can make a meal out of just a few good snacks and appetizer. Usually when I think of appetizers or what to bring to a party I always think of dips. But little handheld, filling bites like these are perfect, and something every party needs.
These Ham and Cheese Roll Ups are loaded with all kinds of great flavor, are creamy, cheesy, and something that will disappear in no time!
These pinwheels make for a great party appetizer, but also are perfect for lunchboxes. You can make them rolls at the beginning of the week, and just slice off a few pieces to add to your lunch each day. If you have a kid who doesn’t like traditional sandwiches, this could be a big hit!
What You’ll Need
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- Cheddar Cheese
- Deli Ham
I like to use Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix, but you can use the store bought packet if that is what you have. I always have the mix in the fridge, so it is easy to grab and add to recipes.
The sour cream is optional, but I find that it helps the filling mixture spread and combine easier. So I like to add it. Most recipes you see won’t have it in there, so it is up to you if you want to use it or not. I also think it adds great flavor to the pinwheels, and makes them just a little different.
How To Make Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch dressing mix in a bowl until well blended.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix until combined.
- Arrange tortillas on a board in front of you, and spread the filling evenly over the tortillas, spreading to fill the tortilla completely.
- Arrange the ham over the cream cheese in a single layer.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly, and wrap in plastic wrap to seal it. Place in the fridge for at least an hour, up to 4 days.
- When you are ready to serve remove it from the fridge and slice into about 1/2 inch pieces.
Recipe Variations and Tips
- Softened Cream Cheese – to ensure you can actually mix together the cream cheese with the ranch dressing mix, you really want to start with softened cream cheese. This makes sure everything is evenly blended and spreads evenly over your tortillas.
- Let them Chill – the rolls need to chill in the fridge for at least an hour, so that when you slice them they hold together and don’t fall apart. You can make them ahead and store them in the fridge for a day ahead.
- Mix up the Meat – you really can use any deli meat you like; roast beef, turkey, chicken…. so many different combinations you could come up with.
- Change Up the Cheese – I like to use shredded cheese, so it gets mixed in with the cream cheese, but you cold also use slices that you place over the meat. Use Mozzarella, Provolone, Pepper Jack or whatever your favorite is.
- Like Pickles? Mixing in a little pickle relish with the cream cheese is a great idea for pickle lovers!
- Spread the Filling to the Edge – you want to make sure to spread the cream cheese mixture all the way to the edge of the tortilla. This will help them stick together when you roll them up.
These rolls will last in the fridge for up to 4 days if they are kept in an airtight container. I think they last longer if you don’t slice them. So I make them the day before I need them, and then just slice as I need to refill the tray. That way the leftovers last longer, and we can enjoy them the next day.
More Fun Party Appetizer Recipes
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- Mini Tostadas
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Bake Goat Cheese Dip
- Cheesy Corn Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- Cream Cheese Sausage Balls
- Spicy Cajun Dip
Ham and Cheese Roll Ups
Ham and Cheese Roll Ups - a super easy appetizer or even lunch box idea that everyone will love. They are creamy, cheesy, and full of flavor!
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream, optional
- 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 4 large flour tortillas
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, sour cream (if using), and ranch dressing mix until well blended.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until well combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the 4 tortillas, going all the way to the edge.
- Arrange the ham evenly over each tortilla.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Place in the fridge for at least one hour, up to 4 days.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into about 1/2 inch sized pieces to serve.
The sour cream is optional, but helps to make the cream cheese mixture easier to spread and come together well.
Amount Per Serving Calories 130Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 22mgSodium 460mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 7g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Did you know there is a Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts SHOP? Check out all of my E-books as well as branded merchandise HERE! Or you can buy me a coffee to say thanks!
- Homemade Ravioli - March 22, 2023
- Chocolate Pizza - March 20, 2023
- Chicken Taco Soup - March 17, 2023
Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning!
This is a fantastic recipe! It’s so easy and tasty. I love that I can use this for lunches or as an appetizer. Yay!
This is just a crowd pleaser! Perfect appetizer!
I love ham and cheese together. Pinning for lunch boxes this school year!
These are so easy to make for on the go lunches or for appetizer! Love the idea to use ham.
Every ingredient goes a long well with each other! This is SOOO good!