Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce – tender chicken meatballs flavored with cilantro and garlic topped with a peanut sauce and chopped peanuts. Great as an appetizer or main course.
Meatballs are one of my favorite dinners. They are just a fun way to get flavors that you know and love. They can be in the form of Italian Chicken Meatballs or something more fun like Kung Pao Chicken Meatballs.
These chicken meatballs are tossed in a peanut sauce, and topped with crunchy peanuts for a fun and new dinner.
Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce
If you have ever had chicken satay or something like this Chicken Satay Stir Fry you know how good a peanut sauce is on chicken. These moist and tender chicken meatballs are loaded with flavor, and then coated in a simple peanut sauce. I like to sprinkle peanuts over the top for great texture.
This was one of the very first recipes that ever appeared on the blog, and it is so good that 12 years later we still make them!
What You’ll Need
- Ground Chicken
- Plain Breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Chopped Peanuts
How To Make Peanut Chicken Meatballs
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Make the meatballs by mixing the chicken, cilantro, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Roll into about 1 inch balls.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the meatballs until they are cooked through, about 10 minutes. You will want to flip them over every couple of minutes.
- While they are cooking, you can make the sauce. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Microwave for few seconds to get it thin and warm enough to stir easily.
- Toss the meatballs with half of the sauce, reserving the other ½ for dipping.
- Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
What Goes With Chicken Meatballs
You can serve these over Jasmine Rice for something to soak up all that extra delicious sauce. Or you can serve them as is with some of these great side dishes.
Can I Bake The Chicken Meatballs
Yes, you absolutely can bake the meatballs if you don’t want to pan fry them. Just place on a baking sheet and cook in a 425º F oven, for about 15 minutes until they are cooked through.
More Fun Dinner Recipes
- Big Mac Salad
- Barbecue Chicken Nachos
- Copycat KFC Bowl
- Hawaiian Chicken
- Enchilada Pasta Casserole
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- peanuts for garnish
- Mix chicken, cilantro, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Roll into about 1 inch balls.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the meatballs until they are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- While they are cooking, you can make the sauce. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Microwave for few seconds to get it warm. Stir together.
- Toss the meatballs with half of the sauce, reserving the other ½ for dipping. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray
Amount Per Serving Calories 485Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 121mgSodium 1234mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 32g
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!