Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce – tender chicken meatballs flavored with cilantro and garlic topped with a peanut sauce and chopped peanuts. Great as an appetizer or main course.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbls canola oil
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbls soy sauce
- 3 Tbls sugar
- 2 Tbls sesame oil
- peanuts for garnish
- Mix chicken, cilantro, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Roll into about 1 inch balls.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the meatballs until they are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- While they are cooking, you can make the sauce. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Microwave for few seconds to get it warm. Stir together.
- Toss the meatballs with half of the sauce, reserving the other ½ for dipping. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray
Amount Per ServingCalories 485Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 121mgSodium 1234mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 5gProtein 32g