BBQ Chicken Nachos – a fun and easy dinner or appetizer for your next party. Loaded with barbecue chicken, cheese, and all the toppings you can think of!
Whenever I see nachos on a menu, it is the first thing I want to order. Crispy tortilla chips, melty cheese, sour cream, guacamole…..it makes my mouth water just thinking about it! My Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos are just your classic version with seasoned chicken, and traditional toppings.
Today we are mixing it up barbecue style, because why not?! They are flavors that just go together, and you are going to love it for your next fun dinner or appetizer.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Nachos are just fun, so you will have no picky eaters complaining about this! You can customize the toppings and just put beans on half if some doing like it. So everything will be happy!
- Lots of different and easy ways to cook your chicken, or use leftovers or even rotisserie chicken can make this dinner come together in no time.
- Get crazy with your toppings! I have listed lots of ideas, but that is definitely not all there is. So if you think something else sounds good, go for it.
What You’ll Need
- Barbecue Sauce
- Tortilla Chips
- Black Beans
- Corn Kernels
- Red Onion
How Do I Cook The Chicken
This is where things can really happen however you like!
- You can make Instant Pot BBQ Chicken in minutes in your pressure cooker.
- Fire up the grill and make grilled chicken. Cook the chicken on the grill, basting with sauce. Then remove, shred the chicken and toss in sauce to coat.
- Take a shortcut with rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked chicken. If you have leftover chicken, but a rotisserie chicken, or the pre-shredded stuff they now sell at the grocery store just toss with with your favorite barbecue sauce and you are ready to go.
- The opposite way of the pressure cooker is using the slow cooker. You can use your crockpot however you normally cook chicken and just coat with barbecue sauce. I cook on low for about 3-4 hours and it is perfectly cooked, tender and juicy. Shred up the cooked chicken and toss with more sauce if necessary.
How To Make BBQ Chicken Nachos
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to get the measurements and full instructions!
- Once you have your chicken cooked and coated in sauce you are ready to get started. Get your oven nice and hot, and line a baking tray with foil. This isn’t necessary, it just makes for easy clean up so the cheese doesn’t get stuck on your baking sheet.
- I think the best nachos, taking a queue from restaurants here, is to do it in layers. So take half of your tortilla chips and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Then add your toppings! Again, only add about half of them in this layer. Sprinkle on the bbq chicken, black beans, corn kernels, red onions, and cheese.
- Top with the rest of your chips and toppings. Then place in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and hot.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh diced tomatoes. And serve with sour cream and guacamole and more barbecue sauce as well.
You really can get creative here. I have a few listed in the recipe, but here are a few more that will work really well with these nachos
- Jalapeno – add fresh or pickled jalapenos for a good kick
- Fresh Cilantro on top pairs really well with barbecue
- Cooked and crumbled bacon
- Banana Peppers
- Chopped Pineapple
- Green Onions
What Cheese Goes On Nachos
You can get creative with your cheese, because there are lots of options. You want one that pairs well and is going to melt well.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Monterey Jack
- Mexican Blend (pre-shredded in the grocery store)
- Pepper Jack
- White Queso
Serve with sour cream and homemade Guacamole for dipping and you have a combination that can’t be beat!
More Tasty Barbecue Dinner Recipes
- Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Barbecue Chicken Stuffed Bread
- BBQ Chicken Wrap
- Monterey Chicken
- Instant Pot Ribs
- Smoky Garlic Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- Poor Man’s Burnt Ends
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 14.5 oz bag tortilla chips
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- In a bowl combine chicken and barbecue sauce until everything is well coated.
- Arrange half of your tortilla chips on the baking sheet.
- Over the tortilla chips, Sprinkle on half of the bbq chicken, black beans, corn kernels, red onions, and cheese.
- Top with the rest of your chips and toppings.
- Then place in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and hot.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh diced tomatoes.
- And serve with sour cream and guacamole and more barbecue sauce if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 608Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 78mgSodium 837mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 6gSugar 14gProtein 29g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!