Crispy Cauliflower Fritters – Cauliflower and shredded potatoes come together to make super easy crispy fritters. You will never be able to tell the cauliflower is in there!
I am pretty excited about this recipe today. No only does it get some vegetables into my family, without them even being able to taste it. But it also a new side dish. I don’t know about you, but I always seem to struggle with what to make to go with the main dish of a meal. A salad is good, but that gets old quickly. And eating just plain vegetables each night can get boring. So being able to switch it up is so nice!
I have seen things all over the internet about using cauliflower to make something healthier. Cauliflower rice, potatoes, grits, and others. My husband and son can not stand cauliflower. Just the smell of it cooking, sends them into a panic. I, on the other hand like cauliflower. In college I would eat it almost daily as part of my lunch. I had bags of frozen cauliflower in the freezer at all times. But even I have been very skeptical about using cauliflower in place of rice or potatoes. I tired it as a pizza crust once, and was not a fan!
These cauliflower fritters are a mix of mashed cauliflower and shredded potatoes. They are super quick together because they use frozen cauliflower and refrigerated shredded potatoes. Plus there is cheese. Cheese makes everything better. And the cheese is just enough to completely get rid of the cauliflower flavor. These fritters are crispy, and great as a side dish. Served with a little Greek yogurt and chive sauce makes it even better! Shhhh….Just don’t tell my guys they ate cauliflower.
- 1 (10 oz) package steam-in-bag cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup onion, , chopped
- 2 Tbls flour
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup refrigerated shredded hash browns
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, , shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbls mayo
- 2 tsp fresh chives
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Prepare cauliflower according to package directions.
- In a bowl mash cauliflower (or pulse in a food processor)
- Mix in onion, flour, garlic, salt, pepper, hash browns, cheese, and egg.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbls oil, swirl to coat. Scoop 1/4 cup of mixture into the pan. Press down gently to flatten. Cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Remove from pan, and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine all of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Serve sauce with hot fritters.
Adapted from Cooking Light
Amount Per Serving Calories 621Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 64mgSodium 1086mgCarbohydrates 75gFiber 7gSugar 6gProtein 17g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.