Chicken Satay Stir Fry – all the flavors of your traditional chicken satay served on skewers, but in a stir fry form over rice as a quick and easy dinner!
My family loves Thai flavors. One Pot Thai Shrimp Pasta is something that is so easy to make and great for nights when I have nothing planned. Often times people see peanut butter in a savory recipe and run the other way, but it is so good!
Peanut Chicken and Rice is another example of a peanut sauce over chicken that is just comforting, full of such great flavor and ready in minutes. Which is exactly what you want out of a weeknight meal, right?
During a busy week no one has hours to spend in the kitchen getting dinner on the table. You want something that is ready in minutes, that doesn’t create a lot of dishes, and that the family is not going to complain about. That is not a lot to ask for is it? Not with this chicken satay stir fry! Chicken dinner ideas are what busy weeks call for.
What You Will Need
- Peanut Butter
- Soy Sauce
- Coconut Milk
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
- Chili Sauce
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Can I Add Veggies?
A chicken stir fry is a great way to get dinner on the table fast and just use whatever veggies you have in the fridge.
- Bell Peppers
- Snap Peas
You can even mix up the protein, it doesn’t always have to be chicken. Pork works amazing in a basic stir fry.
How to Make Stir Fry
Making a stir fry is really very simple. The key is to have all the ingredients prepped ahead of time. You cook it over a high heat, so it cooks fast and you want to be ready. A stir fry doesn’t always have to be served over rice either. Garlic Beef Noodle Bowls are stir fry that is always a huge hit.
- Mix together your sauce. I like to use a liquid measuring cup and just mix the sauce together, so it is ready and waiting for me.
- Prep your veggies. Chop and get everything read for when it is time to add it to the pan. Try to chop everything the same size, so they cook evenly.
- Cut up your protein. I like to cut my chicken in bite sized cubes so it is easy to eat. But you can do thin strips too if that is what you like.
- Have your rice almost ready. Rice almost always takes the same amount of time to cook, so start your rice and when you are 10 minutes away from it being done, start cooking your stir fry.
This chicken satay recipe is super simple to make. The sauce is just basic ingredients that you probably have on hand already. So it is great for busy nights when you don’t want to run to the store or don’t have something planned.
How To Serve Stir Fry
I served this chicken stir fry over white rice, but you can use brown rice or even cauliflower rice if want to cut back on the carbs. Anything to soak up all that delicious satay sauce is what you are looking for!
Top with crushed peanuts and a few green onions and you have dinner on the table in just minutes!
More Tasty Dinner Recipes
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Clam Chowder Soup Recipe
- Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Green Chili Pork
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Chili Sauce
For the Stir Fry:
- 1 pound Chicken, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For Serving and Garnish:
- 2 cups Cooked White Rice
- Chopped Peanuts
- Green Onion
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat vegetable oil over high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken and onion to the hot oil, cook for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Stir and simmer for 4-5 minutes until it starts to thicken, and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over rice topped with chopped peanuts and sliced green onions.
Amount Per Serving Calories 682Total Fat 41gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 107mgSodium 2198mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 3gSugar 7gProtein 41g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!