Cheesy Sausage Meatballs – A classic comfort food appetizer that is perfect for your holiday party! So easy to make, ready in minutes, and they disappear every time.
There are classic holiday appetizers that make an appearance every year. Chex Party Mix is a must in our family and has been since before my husband was even born. Those are the kind of recipes that you remember forever, and always want to keep making. These sausage cheese balls are another that have been a staple at more holiday parties than I can count!
When it comes to get togethers, I love meatballs. There is just something about them that makes them fun and always a hit at parties. Meatballs come in so many different flavors, and I pretty much love them all. . Italian Meatballs, chicken meatballs, stuffing meatballs, turkey meatballs; pretty much any time you roll meat into a ball I am going to like it.
These bisquick cheese sausage balls are soft, tender, cheese, and so flavorful. They are super easy to make, you are going to love throwing them together for your next party.
Can I Make Sausage Balls Ahead of Time?
Yes, you definitely can. I like to mix up all of the ingredients and form into balls. Then you just cover and place in the fridge until you are ready to bake. It is best to only form them about 24 hours ahead of time or they start to break down and don’t turn out as well.
Can you Freeze Sausage Balls
Yes, they are great to have stashed in your freezer. Freeze the sausage and cheese balls on a baking tray for a few hours until they are completely frozen. Then transfer to a freezer safe plastic bag and store in the freezer for up to 4 months. When you are ready to bake them, just remove from the freezer and let them thaw for about 30 minutes before baking. They will taste absolutely fresh and delicious!
How to Make Sausage Cheese Balls
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix until well combined. Using your hands to get everything to come together works the best.
- Form the mixture into equal sized meatballs about 1 1/2 inch in size.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until they are golden brown and completely cooked.
Can Sausage Balls Be Reheated
Yep, you easily can. If you have leftovers you can reheat in the microwave or reheat in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are warmed through.
What Do You Dip Sausage Balls In
- Marinara Sauce
- Cane’s Sauce
- Cheese Dip
- Ranch Sauce
- Honey Mustard
- Barbecue Sauce
More Great Appetizer Recipes
- Baked Mexican Cheese Dip
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Easy Taco Dip
- Refried Bean Dip
- Baked Goat Cheese Dip
- Hot Crab Dip
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, , shredded
- 1 pound pork sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until cooked thru.
Amount Per Serving Calories 348Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 51mgSodium 904mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 14g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.