Thanks goodness it is Friday! This was a really long week! My son got his first cold at school, so that means we haven’t slept well the last couple of nights. Hopefully a nice relaxing weekend will be what he needs to get better. The leaves are starting to change up in the mountains, so we might take a trip up there to see all the gorgeous colors.
And maybe I will make more meatballs. They are pure comfort food to me, and I love them! I had this recipe printed for over a year. Really not sure why it took me so long to make them. I made them when my parents were here, and everyone loved them. My Dad, ever the skeptic, didn’t really like the idea of soy sauce for dipping. But once he was forced to try it, he was sold. He went back for more. Even my 84 year old grandpa ate his fair share!
These come together very quickly, so they are great for a weeknight meal. Or you could easily serve them as appetizers for the weekend football get togethers. My 7 year old dipped his in ketchup, so they will even work for the little ones in the crowd.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbls fresh ginger , grated
- 2 cloves garlic , grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbls cilantro , chopped
- 2 Tbls low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbls lime juice
- 2 Tbls water
- 1 scallion , chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the meatballs. Mix until everything is well combined. Be careful not to overwork it, or the meat will be tough.
- Form balls about the size of golf balls, and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are cooked through.
- Meanwhile prepare the dipping sauce. Combine everything but the scallions, and mix until well combined. Add the scallions.
- Serve the meatballs with the dipping sauce on the side.
Amount Per Serving Calories 349Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 164mgSodium 1296mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 36g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.