I know I promised you that today I would share a recap and pictures from Food Blog Forum last weekend, but I forgot about these! Today is Pass The Cookbook Club day. Hopefully you will forgive me, because these little squares are way better than the pictures I was going to show you! Don’t worry, a recap is coming; either Sunday or next Thursday.
Do you know about Pass the Cookbook Club? Each month we choose a cookbook – and then Kita selects 3 recipes from it. We get to pick which one want to make, and then share them all with you! At the bottom, after the recipe, you can see what everyone else made. This month we decided to go seasonal. Summer is coming, so why not do frozen desserts? Slushed!: More Than 150 Frozen, Boozy Treats for the Coolest Happy Hour Ever was the book we chose.
I picked the Frozen Key Lime Margarita Pie, and changed it up just a little. I was bringing this to a party, so I wanted it to be easy to serve and eat. I thought turning them into bars was perfect. I can never slice a pie and have it look pretty, but slicing bars from an 8×8 pan – that I can handle! These key lime squares were a huge hit, I had no idea how many key lime fans there were out there. My only complaint – you can’t taste the tequila! So if you want a true margarita flavor, double what the recipe calls for. If you are looking for a quick (no bake) recipe for your Memorial Day get together this weekend, these would be perfect! Creamy, tart, sweet, and refreshing – a great welcome to summer.
Frozen creamy key lime squares with a hint of tequila - great no bake treat for the summer
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbls sugar
- 3 Tbls butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 lime zested
- 2 Tbls tequila
- Top with whipped cream
- Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom or the baking pan. Place in freezer while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add cream cheese, sugar, key lime juice, lime zest and tequila. Beat on low until the mixture starts to come together. Beat on medium-high for 5 minutes, until it is smooth and fluffy.
- Pour filling over the prepared crust. Freeze overnight.
- To serve let the bars sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Slice and top with whipped cream.
Slightly adapted from Slushed!
*This post contains and affiliate link