Who watched the Wisconsin vs Kentucky basketball game on Saturday night? Such a tough loss for the Badgers. They played so well, and then lost by 1 point in the final seconds of the game. Only the 3rd time in school history that they have made it this far, so no matter what, it was a great season! I just wish it could have ended differently. My 8 year old had 2 more football games this weekend. It was a tough 2 games as well! The first game was a tie, and the 2nd game they lost by just 1 touchdown. So much stress for a weekend!
To ease into the work week, how about we start with some over the top peanut butter brownies. These are pretty much the definition of indulgent. They start as a rich and fudgy brownie. Chopped peanut butter cups are then folded in. Once they are baked and cooled, the brownies are topped with a frosting that is made from even more peanut butter cups. Yep, you read that right. Actual peanut butter cups are ground up, and used to flavor the frosting. I may or may not have eaten the frosting with a spoon. If you are a fan of peanut butter and chocolate together, these are pretty much heaven!
I made these peanut butter brownies when we had friends visiting. After dinner the kids went to go play. We told them they could come back for dessert a little later. We decided to enjoy dessert while they were off playing. They were so good, when the kids came back we told them it was too late, and they needed to get ready for bed. There was not a whole lot of sharing going on!
Rich fudgy brownies filled with peanut butter cups and topped with a peanut butter cup frosting.
15 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 11/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter cups, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8 inch baking pan with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, and cocoa powder. Mix until well combined. Add eggs and sugar, mix well. Stir in the flour and salt until well combined. Fold in peanut butter cups. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. Use a food processor to finely crush the peanut butter cups. In an electric mixer beat the butter until fluffy. Mix in cocoa powder until well combined. Add the vanilla. Mix in the sugar, it will become very thick. Slowly add the milk until you get the desired consistency. Fold in the peanut butter cups.
- Once brownies have completely cooled, frost.
Frosting adapted from Beyond Frosting