We are headed to Iowa today. After a week in Wisconsin, it is time to start the drive home. On the way we get to spend a couple days with friends in Iowa. My 7 year old is super excited to see his old friends again. He has adjusted amazingly well to Colorado, but still remembers what we left behind. I am excited to get to see my friends too, should be a great weekend.
Once we get back home it will be time to get back to eating better again. Vacation always derails me. I will have to stock the fridge with these granola bars again, so I have something I won’t feel guilty eating. I have been wanting to try Almond Butter, and finally I bought a jar at Costco a few weeks ago. I adapted another Granola Bars recipe we loved, and used the Almond Butter. My son loved them. I was honestly surprised, there is a lot of almond flavor, but he ate them like crazy!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- Line an 8x8 in baking pan in foil.
- In a small sauce pan heat oil, almond butter, and honey over a medium heat. Once melted and fully combined mix in the oats, cinnamon, almonds and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Stir until the chocolate chips are melted. Spread into prepared pan.
- Put in fridge until completely set. Cut into 12 bars. Store in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving Calories 223Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 0mgSodium 19mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 3gSugar 10gProtein 4g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.