Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Shrimp Pasta – a super easy pasta dish with shrimp, and a super creamy delicious sun-dried tomato sauce.
Is anyone else over winter? I kind of feel bad complaining, but I am really tired of it being so darn cold when I go to run errands. And the snow!! They do not plow our neighborhood streets, so after all the freezing and thawing it is just a mess of ruts and not easy to drive on. We are supposed to get into the 40’s for the next few days, so I am really hoping the roads melt quickly. And then if spring wants to arrive in January, I am good with that too.
This Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Shrimp Pasta is one of our new favorites. It is so creamy, and the sun-dried tomatoes give it so much flavor! My husband said he could even have more sun-dried tomatoes in there next time. Shrimp is perfect for quick weeknight meals. It cooks in just a few minutes, and has very few calories. It is kind of like the chicken of the seafood world, so you can use it in just about any recipe. My family loves shrimp, so we always some on hand for quick dinners.
If shrimp is not your thing, you can easily use chicken in this recipe. It will still be delicious, and you will definitely want to eat up as much of the creamy sun-dried tomato sauce as you can. Shrimp doesn’t always reheat the best, it can get rubbery in the microwave. So if you are going to have leftovers, try to just have leftover pasta, and eat up all the shrimp the night of. Trust me, eating up the night of will not be a problem. This disappeared so quickly with my little family.
- 12 oz Shrimp, , peeled and devined
- 10 oz pasta, , cooked
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 2 shallots, , finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, , finely minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup half-n-half, ( or whole mik or heavy cream)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, , chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Saute until the shallots are soft about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken stock, scraping up the bits on the bottom of the pan. Add half-n-half, sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Mix cooked pasta and shrimp mixture together. Mix until everything is evenly coated
- Serve immediately.