Flat Iron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce is a great meal to serve for the holidays, a special weekend, or even on a weeknight. Steak is marinaded in a latin inspired sauce, and then grilled and topped with Chimichurri Sauce.
A few weeks ago I had the amazing opportunity to visit Certified Angus Beef® in Wooster Ohio. They brought 10 bloggers in to see their culinary education center, meet with their chefs, and get cooking for the weekend. It was such a wonderful experience. I learned so much about beef; how to pick out the right cut, how to cook it, how to slice it and more. The chefs prepared a few meals for us, so we pretty much ate like royalty. Prime rib, lobster stuffed beef tenderloin, truffle fries, and so much more. Seriously, I probably didn’t need to eat for a week after I got home!
So, did you know that Certified Angus Beef® doesn’t actually raise any cows? They don’t have any ranchers or anything! They are basically a quality standard. They have 10 quality standards that each cow has to achieve, in order to get the Certified Angus Beef seal. It is a more rigorous test that the USDA, so if you see the seal, you know you are buying the best of the best! Definitely worthy of your holiday table!
While we were in Ohio, we were broken into groups to work with their 4 amazing chefs. I was assigned to Chef Peter Rosenberg. I had a Latin theme in mind, so he helped me go with it! I made this Flat Iron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce as a main dish. We turned some of the flat iron steaks into an appetizer on a crispy tortilla with chimichurri sauce and cheese. Then we used the leftovers to make a quick empanada with a couple dipping sauces. Definitely a meal I would eat any day of the week, but worthy of guests and holidays as well.
The lovely people at Certified Angus Beef® people were so generous all weekend, and their generosity continues today. I came home with this Le Creuset 7-quart roasting pan, and today I get to give one away to a lucky reader. I also am giving away One Certified Angus Beef® Brand Cattleman’s Premium Collection Steak package containing a premium selection of four 12-oz. strip steaks, four 8-oz. filet mignons and four 10-oz. ribeyes. You will be set for the holidays!
- Approximately 2 pounds Flat Iron steaks
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, , minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, , chopped
- 3 tsp chili powder
- 3 tsp salt
- 3 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 green onion, , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, , finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, , juiced
- 2 lime, , juiced
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup parsley
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lime, , juiced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4. cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Mix until really well blended.
- Add the steaks, and toss to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 6 -24 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Remove steaks from the marinade. Place in grill, and cook for about 4 minutes per side.
- For medium rare the temperature should be 130. Remove from the grill, and let stand for ate least 5 minutes before serving.
- To make the chimichurri sauce combine all of the ingredients in the blender. Blend until smooth. Store in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve steaks topped with chimichurri sauce.
** I was not compensated for this recipe or this post. Certified Angus Beef® did offer me an all expenses paid trip to their culinary education center in Ohio. They did not require that I post about my trip. I am a huge supporter of this company and brand, that is why I am sharing this with you today. I hope that you will help support this brand as well.