Before we get into the Halloween fun today, I wanted to make you aware of a great cause I am involved with today. Over at Country Cleaver, Megan is hosting a bake sale for Crohns & Colitis Foundation of America. I have my Peanut Butter Bars up for sale, so please go check it out!
Halloween is just a few days away? Are you ready? Are you excited? Well today for #SundaySupper, Leslie from La Cociana de Leslie is hosting a Trick Or Treat event. You have lots of drinks, dinners, desserts and more, all perfect for Halloween. Plus, make sure to stop back all week, as I even more fun Halloween treats in store.
These cookies are so easy to make, and completely up to you how crazy you want to get. You could start with store bought cookies, frozen cookie dough, from scratch, whatever works for you. You can even use store bought frosting if you are in a hurry. Just bake cookies, color some frosting, frost a mouth, some hair, put on some eyes and you are done. Use whatever colors you want. The eyes can be the googly candy eyes by Wilton, or M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces…whatever you want!
My 7 year old and I picked 3 colors for our monsters. I put the frosting in 3 piping bags, with 3 different tips. Then we just went to town, and had fun frosting. There is no right or wrong way to do it. My 7 year old kept asking if he could mix up the eyes (1 yellow, 1 googly etc). Why not? They are monsters after all!
Chocolate chip sandwich cookies decorated like scary monsters for Halloween
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 batch Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (recipe Here )
- 2 cups frosting (recipe Here)
- candy for eyesfood coloring
- Bake cookies, and allow to fully cool.
- Separate frosting into bowls. Color frosting into whatever colors you have chosen. Place frosting into piping bags, or a resealable plastic bag.
- Match up cookies according to size. Frost the front half of one cookie. Place the other cookie on tip. Frost the "hair" on the back half of the top cookie. Place on the eyes. Allow the frosting to set before serving.
We would love to have you join this special Sunday Supper and bring your halloween party recipes. So many amazing recipes and this group is just a blast to be around. Our #SundaySupper chat will begin on Twitter at 7pm Eastern Time. Grab your Bewitching Brew and Ghoulish Grew and join the fun!
- Shrunken Heads in Cider – Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini – The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween – ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce – I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory – My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head – Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs – Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches – La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies – Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix – The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies – Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins – Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones – The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes – Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops – Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake – Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies – MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies – The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars – Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars – Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip
Join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm(Eastern) for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat.
We’d also love to feature your Sunday Supper Halloween Party Recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers, too.
This is a fun Sunday Supper you don’t want to miss! I promise you will have a blast.