What is your favorite cookie? I have a really hard time narrowing it down, it seems to change often. In the end, I always fall back to the classic Chocolate Chip Cookie, but it has to be straight out of the oven. I have been making the same recipe since I was a little kid, so that might be part of it.
So last week I gave you Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. This week I am bringing you another crazy cookie. This one is thanks to Shelly at Cookies and Cups. I mean look at these things! They are 2 chocolate chip cookies, with a peanut butter cup in the middle. The peanut butter cup gets all melty, and sticks everything together. Peanut Butter Cups are pretty much my favorite candy, so adding them to my favorite cookie makes for one insanely good treat!
I surprised my 7 year old with one of these in his lunch. He came home so excited, and wanting more. He was very upset to find out I only made a few of them. But really, if I had more than 5 of these in the house it would not be pretty. But I do have more cookie dough in the freezer, so I can make them fresh whenever the mood strikes.
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups , unwrapped (about 18)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl for an electric mixer cream together the butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mix until well combined. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop small balls of cookie dough into a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes. You want them still warm, but cool enough to handle, and they don't fall apart. Match up cookies by size, placing 1/2 of the cookies face down on a cooling rack. Top with a peanut butter up, and the matching cookie. The heat from the cookie will melt the peanut butter cup. If they get too melty you can put them in the fridge to harden quicker.
- Cool completely before serving.