There are a lot of new readers around here lately, so I wanted to make sure that no one missed this great recipe. This White Chicken Pizza has been the most popular recipe on this site, since the day it was posted. People love roasted garlic, chicken and pizza. You put them all together in one dish, and you have the best white pizza ever! Plus it is super easy, and pretty quick too, and it is lightened up, so it is a win all around! Trust me your family will never know you are giving them a healthy white pizza, it is still creamy, and delicious!
The name of this pizza is kind of a mouthful, but I just didn’t want to leave anything out. This week for #SundaySupper we are going skinny! That is right, we are bringing you TONS of recipes that are all good for you! Sunithi from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz is hosting this fun event.
Roasted Garlic White Chicken Pizza - super easy and lightened up white pizza. The roasted garlic white sauce has tons of flavor.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 Tbls butter
- 8 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 11/2 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbls fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a siplat liner, or grease and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Saute roasted garlic for 1 minute.
- Add flour, and mix until well blended. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half. Mix in the pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spread dough into roughly a 12 inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white cause over the dough. Top with chicken, red onions and cheese.
- Bake for 17 minutes, or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with herbs. Cut and serve immediately.
Recipe Adapted from Cooking Light