Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken Sausage – thick and creamy fettuccine alfredo made quick and easy with roasted garlic chicken sausage.
Life is busy. Trying to get dinner on the table every night can be a chore. But it doesn’t have to be. Making dinners that are quick and easy is kind of what I do. One pan meals? I have you covered.
This isn’t a one pan meal, but fettuccine alfredo with chicken sausage is ready in minutes. Pretty much the time it takes to cook the pasta, and you are ready for dinner. Something you can make even on your busiest night!
I think chicken is probably the most common protein people make for dinner. But sometimes it can be time consuming. Making sure it is cooked all the way, trimming, cutting and actually cooking; it isn’t the quickest thing to make. So here I took a shortcut and used fully cooked al fresco chicken sausage.
al fresco offers 10 flavors of all natural fully cooked chicken sausage. The sausage helps cut down on the cooking time, so you can make classic fettuccine alfredo on a super busy night, or even for entertaining on the weekend. I used the roasted garlic chicken sausage to add even more garlic flavor to this thick and creamy pasta.
Just think of the possibilities – Buffalo Style with Blue Cheese, Spicy Jalapeno, Spinach & Feta and more. You can turn your classic chicken dishes into something entirely new. Dinner can be ready in just minutes, and you can have a flavorful and delicious dinner.
Fettuccini alfredo is a classic that everyone loves. My son saw it on the menu for the week and was super excited. It is the first thing that he looks for on the menu when we go out to eat, so I was happy that I could make it for him at home and in just minutes.
Serve with a salad, cheesy garlic bread, or roasted veggies for a full meal. Your family will love they can have classic comfort food any night of the week.
- 1 (16 oz) box uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package al freso Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage
- 4 Tbls butter
- 3 cloves garlic, , minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- crushed red pepper, , to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil, swirling to coat.
- Slice sausage links into coins. Add to pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter to the pan. Once melted add garlic, and saute for a minute until fragrant. Be careful not to burn it.
- Pour in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Whisk until smooth. Bring to a low simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 1-2 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Stir in cooked sausage and pasta.
- Top with additional Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 560Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 31gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 163mgSodium 793mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 13g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.