I am pretty sure brownies are my all time favorite dessert. And the fudgier the better. I actually pinned this recipe forever ago, but then forgot about it. Then a friend (who pinned it from me) made them for something, and posted them on Facebook. It brought it all back, and I had to come up with a reason to make them. She raved about them, so I knew they were going to be good.
We had girls weekend in Denver a couple weeks ago, and I knew brownies was the perfect thing to make. I mean girls need to have some killer brownies, while drinking wine and playing games in a hotel room, right? These have a super fudgy brownie layer, topped with Kit Kat, and then topped with butterscotch. Kind of over the top, but oh so good!
The girls loved these brownies. If you don’t have Kit Kat, I think Snickers, Twix, or even Butterfinger would be great here. I am sure you have tons of candy still around from Halloween, so get creative 🙂 I can’t wait to make this brownie recipe again, I might have just found a new base brownie recipe, it was so good!
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, , melted
- 12 Kit Kat Bars, (fun sized), unwrapped
- 1 (11oz) pkg butterscotch chips
- 1 Tbsp chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8 inch baking pan with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl combine melted butter, and cocoa powder. Mix until well combined. Add eggs, and sugar, mix well. Stir in the flour until well combined. Pour into prepared baking dish. Press Kit Kat bars into the batter. Bake for about 25 minutes. A tester should come out mostly clean. Remove from the oven, and cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butterscotch chips. Pour over the cooled brownies, and top with sprinkles. Allow to cool before serving.
Adapted from Shugary Sweets
Amount Per ServingCalories 557Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 83mgSodium 152mgCarbohydrates 71gFiber 2gSugar 56gProtein 7g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.