Peppermint Pattie Brownies – Rich and fudgy brownies with a layer of peppermint pattie candies, and topped with a gooey chocolate ganache.
Today is the day! Tonight we are getting on a plane and flying to New Zealand for 6 weeks! We have been planning this trip for what seems like forever. I never actually thought we would get to this day. But it crept up on his, and the last few weeks have been so busy trying to get ready. Now to just travel, go through airports, sit on planes and fly for the next 26 hours. It will all be worth it. My parents are taking us to the airport this afternoon, and then spending the next 2 months at our house. Hopefully they will fall in love with Colorado, and be ready to move here as soon as we get back.
St. Patrick’s Day is next week. Are you celebrating? 5 years ago we were in New Zealand on St Patrick’s Day, and we will be there again this year. Kind of crazy. For some unknown reason, it still surprises me that other countries celebrate similar to we do here. There was lots of people dressed in green, lots of beer, and people acting crazy. Felt like home 🙂 Not sure what we will do this year to celebrate, but you can start by making these Peppermint Patty Brownies. For some reason in my head chocolate and mint is acceptable at Christmas and St. Patricks Day. It is one of my favorite flavor combinations, so I think it should be around all of the time.
I made these brownies for my son’s Lego Robotics team. We brought them to the state competition with us, and everyone loved them. There were plenty that the parents got to enjoy as well. Rich, chocolate-y, fudgy brownies; the only way brownies should be in my opinion. There is a layer of peppermint pattie candy in the middle, and then topped with a gooey chocolate ganache. Definitely a tall glass of milk and a napkin or two are required for these!
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate , melted
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (12 oz) bag Peppermint Pattie candy, unwrapped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 (8 oz) bag mini Peppermint Pattie candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together melted chocolate and oil. Add eggs and sugar, mixing until well combined. Add flour and salt, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Pour 1/2 the batter into the prepared pan. Place unwrapped peppermint patties evenly spaced around the pan. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a tester comes out mainly clean.
- Meanwhile, chop the mini Peppermint Pattie candy into 1/4's.
- Melt chocolate chips and heavy cream together. Pour over brownies after they come out of the oven. Sprinkle the chopped candy over the ganache.
- Let cool completely before serving.
What even more Brownie Recipes?