Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars are a great bar to have around this fall. Full of great pumpkin flavor and chocolate chips.
My kitchen is unpacked!! I have been spoiled with a large kitchen for the last 5 years. The kitchen in our rental is a very nice kitchen, but it is much smaller than my old one. I was only able to unpack about 1/2 of my stuff (I have way too much stuff). It is really nice that we have an unfinished basement to store everything in. I attempted baking for the first time at high altitude this weekend. The results weren’t perfect, but they were not nearly as bad as I feared. Stay tuned for some yummy recipes once I get the hang of it!
These bars are one of the last things I made in my old kitchen. My husband and I were both going to meet friends for lunch, and I had a few things to use in my pantry so I made these bars. Unfortunately my husband forgot his plate of treats on the counter. Rami, this is what you missed out on! Shannon on the other hand received her plate of goodies! I received an email from her later that night asking if I posted this recipe yet, because they were TO DIE FOR!!! Well here it is! This would make a great alternative to Pumpkin Pie this week!
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Allspice
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter, , softened
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 bag Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 13x9 pan.
- Mix together the flour, spices, baking soda and salt. (You could use 2 tsp pumpkin pie instead of all the spices if you had it).
- Cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add in the egg & vanilla. Beat in the pumpkin puree. (It will look chunky and gross, but don't worry, that is what it is supposed to look like).
- Add the in the flour mixture, and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into your pan. Bake for about 35-40 minutes. A toothpick will come out mostly clean. Cool completely in pan before cutting.
Recipe from Bake at 350
Serving Size24 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 163 Total Fat 9g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 28mg Sodium 190mg Carbohydrates 21g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 12g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 2g