There are a lot of new readers around here lately, so I wanted to make sure that no one missed this great recipe. This White Chicken Pizza has been the most popular recipe on this site, since the day it was posted. People love roasted garlic, chicken and pizza. You put them all together in one dish, and you have the best white pizza ever! Plus it is super easy, and pretty quick too, and it is lightened up, so it is a win all around! Trust me your family will never know you are giving them a healthy white pizza, it is still creamy, and delicious!
The name of this pizza is kind of a mouthful, but I just didn’t want to leave anything out. This week for #SundaySupper we are going skinny! That is right, we are bringing you TONS of recipes that are all good for you! Sunithi from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz is hosting this fun event.
You may think it is strange that we are doing a skinny event, and I am making pizza. But I am a firm believer of “all things in moderation”. And just because you are trying to eat healthier, doesn’t mean you can’t have good tasting food. And trust me, this tastes incredible. I brought this to cooking club a few weeks ago, and everyone loved it. They requested I bring some kind of pizza every month.
To make this pizza a little healthier I cut down on the cheese by quite a bit. You don’t want to cover up the flavor of the roasted garlic, so you only need a little. To make the cream sauce, I used a mixture of skim milk and half and half. Roasted garlic has so much flavor, you want to let it shine through. The red onions and the herbs give it a fresh and bright flavor. Serve this with a side salad, and you have a healthy and delicious dinner.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 8 cloves roasted garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with a siplat liner, or grease and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Saute roasted garlic for 1 minute.
- Add flour, and mix until well blended. Cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and half and half. Mix in the pepper.
- Cook for about 3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat, and stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Spread dough into roughly a 12 inch circle on prepared baking sheet. Spread white sauce over the dough. Top with chicken, red onions and cheese.
- Bake for 17 minutes, or until the crust is golden, and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with herbs. Cut and serve immediately.
Adapted from Cooking Light
Amount Per Serving Calories 510Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 53mgSodium 499mgCarbohydrates 72gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 26g