The weekend is almost here! We have lots of stuff going on this weekend, so I am ready for it. Tonight we are going to a pumpkin patch, doing the corn maze, and other fun things with my husbands work. Saturday night my son has a birthday party to go to, so that means hubby and I get date night! Then two flag football games for my 7 year old on Sunday. Hopefully the weather stays nice.
But even if the weather doesn’t cooperate, these cookies will be sure to put you in a good mood. My friend, Roxana first turned me on to these Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses. I didn’t realize they existed, and immediately added them to my shopping list. One of my favorite Christmas cookies, is Peanut Butter Blossoms. You know those peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses in the center. I thought these kisses would be perfect for a fall version of this cookie.
Snickerdoodles seemed like the perfect thing to pair with these kisses. I have made Snickerdoodles before, but I wanted a version that were super thick and fluffy. So I set out to find the perfect recipe. Thanks to How Sweet It Is, I found it. The cookies were full of cinnamon, thick, chewy, and the Pumpkin Spice kisses were perfect. I hope you try these, they really are a wonderful cookie for fall.
- 1/2 cup butter, , softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbls milk
- 36 Pumpkin spice Kisses
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbls cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla until combined (about 2 minutes).
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until the dough starts to come together. Add in milk. If the dough is crumbly and dry, you can add more milk 1 Tbls at a time, until it comes together.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon for dipping.
- Remove dough from fridge. Roll into 1 inch balls. Roll the balls through the cinnamon mixture until fully coated. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet.
- Remove to cool on a wire rack. Immediately topped with pumpkin kisses, pressing gently so they stick.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
Serving Size36 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 92Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 13mgSodium 55mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 2g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.