Southwestern Chicken Pasta – A creamy southwestern style pasta with black beans, corn, chicken and tons of flavor. All made with a gluten-free pasta (trust me, you would never know).
I think things are finally back to normal around here, after being gone for 6 weeks. The hardest part of me is getting back into meal planning. Seriously, planning what groceries to buy, and what I am going to make each day for the week has gotten nearly impossible. I have no idea why! I am usually pretty good at it, but I think I went to the store 5 out of 7 days last week. Hoping this week is better, but considering I don’t have a menu written down, I don’t have my fingers crossed. Baby steps, I guess.
You know I am all about pasta. In one way shape or form, it is my go to dinner when I don’t have anything else planned. Recently I found this new Uddo’s pasta, that is made with red lentil flour. Uddo’s pasta is a gluten-free, non-GMO red lentil penne that’s packed with protein. It is a great alternative for those who need to restrict or eliminate gluten from their diets. I have to say, you would never guess that you were eating anything but traditional pasta in this recipe. A creamy southwestern style pasta is definitely something the whole family is going to ask for over and over again.
Southwestern Chicken Pasta comes together in less than 30 minutes. Uddo’s pasta cooks in the same amount of time traditional pasta does. So you just have to cook the chicken, add the veggies to heat them, and then toss everything together. Super simple for any night of the week. I added black beans, corn, fresh tomatoes and diced avocado to ours. You can easily change it up to match what your family likes. However you make it, your family will definitely be asking for more!
- 1 (16 oz) package Uddo's Red Lentil Penne Pasta
- 12 oz chicken, , diced
- 1/2 cup onion, , finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- 12 oz package frozen corn
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbls taco seasoning
- 1 lime
- 1 cup tomatoes, , diced
- 1 avocado, , diced
- Cheddar Cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet brown chicken. Add onion and garlic, and cook until soft. Stir in corn and black beans. Heat until the chicken is fully cooked, and everything is hot.
- In a bowl combine sour cream, yogurt, juice of 1 lime, and taco seasoning.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to chicken mixture. Remove pan from heat, and mix in the sour cream mixture. Once full combined stir in diced tomatoes and avocado.
- Serve topped with cheddar cheese and cilantro.
Amount Per Serving Calories 427Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 70mgSodium 226mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 9gSugar 6gProtein 26g
Uddo’s Pasta Giveaway
**I was compensated by General Mills for my time for this post. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for helping to support the brands that make Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts possible.