Pancake breakfast sandwiches are brinner – breakfast for dinner! Make them at home using pancakes, sausage, egg, and cheese.
Lots of times people think just because I have a food blog, and cook for a living, that dinner is no problem at my house. They could not be more wrong. I struggle with coming up with dinner ideas just as much as the next person. I cook during the day, so when dinner time comes I don’t always want to cook more. Same as the next person, who worked all day and just wants to go home and relax at night.
These pancake breakfast sandwiches are from the new cookbook, Stack Happy, by Karly Campbell. The book is full of breakfast pancakes, healthy pancakes, savory (like BLT or loaded baked potato pancakes), and even dessert pancakes. My son is obsessed with this cookbook. Daily he is paging through it, asking me when I am going to make whatever recipe he wants in that minute. Needless to say, he was super excited when I said I was making the breakfast sandwiches for dinner!
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 9 Eggs, Divided
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 8 Sausage Patties
- 8 slices Cheese
- Heat large skillet or a griddle over medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a 2 cup measuring cup, mix together buttermilk, egg, maple syrup, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Pour into flour mixture, and mix until combined. There will still be some lumps.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle (you want the pancakes to be about the size of your sausage patties). Let cook until tiny bubbles form on top of the pancakes. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook sausage patties. Once cooked, set aside covered with foil to keep them warm.
- Cook eggs in the same skillet. Spray the pan with non-stick spray. Crack 4 eggs into the pan. Cook until the whites are set. Gently flip the eggs, and cook until the yolk is as done as you like it. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
- To build your sandwiches place a sausage patty on one pancake. Top with a piece of cheese, an egg, and another pancake.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 408Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 261mgSodium 747mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 1gSugar 8gProtein 21g
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on dinnersdishesanddesserts.com should only be used as a general guideline.
I created a fun group on Facebook, and I would love for you to join us! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new at Dinners, Dishes and Desserts (so that you never miss a new recipe)!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #dinnersdishes so I can see all the wonderful DINNERS, DISHES, AND DESSERTS recipes YOU make!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!