This summer I have shared quite a few different burger recipes and no-bake desserts. Hopefully you are enjoying the completely seasonal and fun recipes I have shared. If you missed some of the burgers there was a Chicken Pesto Burger, a Chicken Taco Burger, a Char Siu Pork Burger, and a Jalapeno Turkey Burger. So after all of those chicken, turkey and pork burgers, I figured it was time to do a beef burger. And an over the top one at that. And on Friday I have another no bake dessert recipe for you!
It should come as no surprise for me to tell you that my husband and son love burgers. When we go out for lunch or dinner, they often time request that we go to a burger place. I always scan the menu, and want to order the burger with onion straws on it. But it always comes with other stuff I don’t want, so I never end up getting it. Onion straws are one of my all time biggest weaknesses. If a restaurant has onion straws or onion rings on the menu, you can bet that I am ordering them!
So since I never get onion straws on my burger when I am out, I decided to take matters into my own hands. At home when I am making burgers I often time use a lean ground beef to save the calories. But this time I decided to go all out, and use 85% lean ground beef. My husband was thrilled! My 9 year old’s favorite topping lately is bacon, so that was a must. Next, I used our favorite homemade barbeque sauce to top these bacon burgers. Then I went all out and made my own onion straws! I pretty much followed this recipe from Pioneer Woman. A little time consuming to make, but oh so worth every second! We got done eating, and my husband said these were by FAR the best burgers we have ever made. So make sure you get in the kitchen and make these soon!
Make your own restaurant hamburger at home! Hamburger topped with bacon, homemade onion straws and barbeque sauce.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbls Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 white onion, grated
- 1 batch onion straws (recipe here)
- 1 cup barbeque sauce (store bought or recipe here)
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl mix together ground chuck, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and grated onion. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place patties on the grill, and cook for about 6 minutes a side until desired done-ness.
- During the last 2 minutes of cooking place the buns on the grill if you would like them toasted.
- To serve place a patty on a bun. Top with a slice of bacon, barbeque sauce, and onion straws.