Chocolate Banana White Chocolate Chip Muffins – Moist and tender chocolate and banana muffins with lots of white chocolate chips.
Today is my husband’s 35th birthday! Luckily he has the day off from work, and my son has the day off from school. So a nice long weekend to celebrate for us! And in case you missed it over the weekend, we celebrated by buying a house!
It is official now, we are under contract to purchase a home in the neighborhood we want. It will be a couple months before we can move in, but that is ok we have a plan! The house wasn’t on the market yet, and I completely forgot when we were in there, so I don’t have any pictures to share 🙁
I have another muffin recipe for you today. I found this recipe for Chocolate Banana White Chocolate Chip Muffins over at For the Love of Cooking. If you haven’t checked out Pam’s site, you really should. There are hundreds of amazing recipes on her site.
This was no exception. There is a hint of banana flavor, they are chocolatey, moist, and delicious. I used white/semi-sweet chocolate swirl chips, because that is what I had on hand. The original recipe calls for plain white chocolate, so feel free to use whatever you have available.
Chocolate Banana White Chocolate Chip Muffins - Moist and tender chocolate and banana muffins with lots of white chocolate chips.
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 over ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbls cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or liners.
- In mixer bowl combine butter and sugar. Beat until creamy. Add eggs, banana, vanilla, and mix until well combined. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips. Pour into muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining chips on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Cool for a few minutes in pan before serving.