The weekend is here! Time to get our paint on, and get this house in order. A few months ago we bought my 7 year old all new bedroom furniture from IKEA. We did not set it up in the town house, because we worried about moving it. As soon as we get his room painted, we can assemble his new bed, desk, dresser, chairs, and shelves we got. I am super excited to see it all come together! Hopefully by Sunday night we will be knee deep in assembling furniture.
To leave you for the week, I have something sweet for you. Brownies! Brownies have to be my favorite dessert. I can not say no to a rich and fudgy brownie. These were a use up leftovers brownie. I had part of a bag of white chocolate chips, and the last bit of a jar of Cookie Butter in my cupboard. I was craving brownies, so I decided to just put it all together. Oh my, these were amazing. I wasn’t sure how the white chocolate chips would work, but they paired perfectly with the Cookie Butter.
Speaking of Cookie Butter, I finally got my hands on a jar! When we were in WI in June, we stopped by Trader Joes and this was the first thing I added to my cart. I am embarrassed to say I ate more of the jar with a spoon than putting it in a recipe. But dang, this stuff is good! The swirl on top doesn’t stand out visually, but you can definitely taste it! Oh yes, you can taste it
- 1 batch brownie batter (recipe here), box mix is fine
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ -1/2 cup Cookie Butter Spread, slightly melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 with foil, and spray with non-stick spray.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips into your brownie batter. Pour into prepared pan. Scoop spoonfuls of the Cookie Butter on top of the brownie batter. Using a knife swirl into the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before serving.