What a weekend! Gorgeous weather, Costco, Trader Joes, a trip to the Planetarium, and the Badgers won! Did you watch any of the Elite 8 basketball games? We don’t watch a lot of basketball, but come March Madness, that is about all that is on here. We are from WI, and big Badger fans in this house. So it was a stressful Saturday night around here. But we are now so excited for them to be going to the Final Four for only the 3rd time, ever! My son also had his first two games of the spring flag football season. So it was a sport filled weekend around here. Almost looking forward to getting back to the work week, so things can settle down a little……Almost.
Have you seen the two new Oreo flavors that came out a couple months ago? There is Cookie Dough and Marshmallow Krispy. I was finally able to get my hands on them, so I decided to throw them into a recipe. I have to say, even though I am cookie dough and chocolate obsessed, the Marshmallow Krispy ones are my favorite. The Cookie Dough has a hint of coffee to them, which isn’t my favorite. I might have to try my hand at a homemade version of the cookie dough ones, so they can be pure cookie dough!
I wanted to make something that would let the Oreo’s stand out, so I went with Blondies. Blondies are a favorite around here. They aren’t chocolate based, so my husband loves them. For me, they have the rich brown sugar taste, so I love them. Plus they come together in about 5 minutes, with no mixer required. So they are something that anyone can whip up!
Classic blondies filled with Cookie Dough flavored Oreo's
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup Cookie Dough Oreo's, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare an 8 inch pan or line with foil.
- Mix brown sugar and egg together, until it’s light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and melted butter, mix well
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and incorporate with a spatula. Fold in crushed Oreo's. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter to the prepared pan. Bake for about 25-28 minutes. The top will be dry.
- Cool completely before cutting.